Preliminary photos of Dad's collection

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
METALGOD

Re: Preliminary photos of Dad's collection

Post by METALGOD »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:09 pm Nothing was edited.
AND YOUR A LIAR AND A DRUNK EVERYONE KNOWS IT BRO , TRUTH HURTS DONT IT :lol:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

And-- Bernie has overstayed his welcome here.....
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

BTW, Bernie- I don't drink. Sounds like you might, though.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 am And-- Bernie has overstayed his welcome here.....
Good deal.
hearandgone

Post by hearandgone »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:06 am And-- Bernie has overstayed his welcome here.....
Thank you!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Fun while it lasted. She can post some pictures and she may get some offers or she can get the number of posts where she is allowed to sell. Like so many others who join to sell some knives when they're sold they'll be gone never to be heard from again. It is what it is.
2024 candidate for president
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

I apologize for Metalgod's filthy comments. He won't be making any more here.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:51 am I apologize fro Metalgod's filthy comments. He won't be making any more here.
I drank. Like a fish. Not a fish...a whale. So did my dad, and his, and most of my favorite people...but I quit at least 25 years ago, and have no regrets or shame about my past. So really, Metalgod was unknowingly taking shots at me, not sweet Mr. Bill DeShivs - who doesn't even drink! To me, the really silly posts are the assumptive ones by users who don't bother to read an intro, yet choose to repeatedly take stabs at - see what I did there - a new user they know nothing about. Lol...I digress.

Regardless, thank you, Mr. DeShivs, for handling the overt nastiness. *I'm sorry* he included you in his childish tantrum.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There seems to be a lot of jealousy, insecurity and childishness in the switchblade community. Most of it is pretty easy to see. I'm used to it. Some people want/need to be the "king" of something. I'm just a guy who has been working on knives for 50 years. There are many who know a lot more than I do.
I quit "drinking" 8-10 years ago. I still drink a beer every once in a while when I'm playing music.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

well done Bill, well done.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Bill is always a gentleman and helpful.....Well said Bill
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

I love it…and the kind posts above. 🙏
RoyS

Post by RoyS »

My congratulations Bill,

The right decision. There is enough unpleasantness in the world already. Being part of forums like this, is something I do for pleasure alone, a way to learn and share my passion with like-minded folks. Being inclusive, polite, respectful, open minded and kind is (in my book) a prerequisite.

As I think most of our mothers used to tell us 'if you can't play nicely, then don't play at all'..!

I think it is interesting (and very sad) that a lot of rude folks just use the excuse for their vitriolic behavior by saying such things as 'I just say it how it is' or 'it's just the way I am - deal with it', well 'no' those are merely justifications for their own anger issues and an inability to conduct themselves appropriatly in polite company.

My compliments Bill for not sinking to this gentleman level and for not allowing it to continue.

Cheerio,
Roy
My website: www.fsknife.com
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Was there an issue on All About Pocket Knives as well? I noticed he does not have an account there anymore.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

When someone has a temper like that and posts obscenities, there's bound to be trouble.