Preliminary photos of Dad's collection

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Killgar

Re: Preliminary photos of Dad's collection

Post by Killgar »

krhastie wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:03 pm
Mario wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:48 am Sorry about your dad. That’s quite the collection he had. A few of those knives are quite rare and valuable, namely that German Bonsa trapdoor OTF. If you have any questions, there are plenty of folks here who will be happy to help.
Thank you, Mario. Is this the one you are referring to? It's one of my faves. Scary fast but easy to use.
Trapdoor.jpeg

Arizona Customs is one place to look for what knives have sold for. It's a consignment site/business for selling knives.

I see that three of those Bonsa trapdoor knives have sold on AC since 2020. One sold in 2020 for $300, and two sold in 2021, one for $325, the other for $345.

I also see that one of those candy stripe Imperials (the one with the red and yellow striped handles) sold on AC in 2021 for $195.
Last edited by Killgar on Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

you can also check out AAPK website (www.allaboutpocketknives.com) for info and values on your knives , you can also sell them there if you are trying to get most out of them .
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Gunbroker is another site if you are wanting to auction them. Sorry for the loss of your father and he had a nice collection.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

I really appreciate all of you and your thoughtful suggestions. I belong to several auction sites where I check sale prices for antique furniture, etc. I've been tracking the sale prices of a few of the knives but boy is this a huge job. Believe it or not I found a second box of knives! I likely won't sell any that are worth less than $200. I may choose my favorites from the less expensive pieces and then sell the more valuable to help with the long distance move we are in the throes of making. I'm sure I don't need to mention how stressful it is to pack, sell a house, find a house, and get my whole life rebooted in a new city @2000 miles away.

I had not, however heard of any of the value-oriented knife specific sites mentioned above, so my gratitude for all of you is boundless. It's just all a lot atm and is going to take a little time. I'm not even going to attach a photo of box #2 (maybe a couple of the goodies) yet. There aren't many autos in box #2, but some crazy daggers and pocketknives, etc from all over the world.

I respect TB and understand the rules for selling. Hope to be able to hop over to the sell forum after I have met TalkBlades wise parameters for qualification to sell.

Katie
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Which state are you moving too the laws on having these is different all over? Keep posting here and you will meet the required number of post to sell them.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Tom19176 wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:21 pm Which state are you moving too the laws on having these is different all over? Keep posting here and you will meet the required number of post to sell them.
I've been hoarding and carrying these knives all over the country for years...not as worried about crossing state lines with them as I am selling them. That's where I start to feel paranoid!

Thank you, Tom for the heads up. Seriously. Katie
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It's humorous that some of the dealers are angry that we are helping you with your knives!
There is one that I would like to see a better picture of- it's the metal OTF/gravity between the Bonsa chromed lever lock and the candy stripe Imperial.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

krhastie

I would also like to see the OTF gravity knife Bill is referring to above in more detailed pictures when you get a chance .
I have never seen it before and wpuld like to know more about it ,screams German and Bonsa to me ,ill wager its pretty rare .

I can't advise you with selling as I am not even allowed to buy or sell these knives in my country anymore ,but I can advise you to listen to Bill and the others here for fair advice and valuations .They will look after you.

Stick around learn the history of your collection and gain the posts needed for Buy and sell forum

gravknife
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:27 pm It's humorous that some of the dealers are angry that we are helping you with your knives!
There is one that I would like to see a better picture of- it's the metal OTF/gravity between the Bonsa chromed lever lock and the candy stripe Imperial.
Thank you, Mr.DeShiv, as always for your astute input.
sprink

Post by sprink »

Sorry for the loss of your father. He had some good diverse taste in knives. Good luck with your intentions to part with them . Personally I would have a hard time letting them go.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

why did you take the pictures down ? or someone else edit your post ? billy dieshivs likes to edit peoples posts here when is in his best interest..... anyways i seen the pic of the flush button trap door otf Rosa Primo you had and blade looked pretty messed up sharpened with bunch of scratches this is not a mint knife or even close so will not bring what i told you it would .
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

It says right under her original post that she edited her post twice. I don't know why but a moderator didn't do it.

Bernie just quit being a jerk and starting trouble.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

whippersnapper wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:17 pm It says right under her original post that she edited her post twice. I don't know why but a moderator didn't do it.

Thx for your comment, whippersnapper. I took them down to curtail the transparent pms from lowballers. Nice people finish first in my world and I've got a comprehensive list of who's been naughty and nice.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Nothing was edited.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

whippersnapper wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 2:17 pm It says right under her original post that she edited her post twice. I don't know why but a moderator didn't do it.

NO REASON FOR YOU TO CALL ME NAMES ASSHOLE , YOU WOULD SUCK SHIT OUT OF BILL DICKSHIVS ASS IF HE TOLD YOU IT WAS RIGHT THING TO DO :lol: