Preliminary photos of Dad's collection

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ColdEthyl

Preliminary photos of Dad's collection

Post by ColdEthyl »

I just introduced myself - in the appropriate place over at "Mix". As mentioned there, attached pls find a few preliminary photos of my deceased father's collection. Only five or so seemed inoperable and wouldn't open. We are moving and I'm finally ready to drop some pointy weight. I have been studying the switchblade topic here for two days and have learned a lot, but my memory is short and I have a long way to go.

Thanks! KT
Last edited by ColdEthyl on Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Re: Preliminary photos of Dad's collection

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

a bit of everything, nice.
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

Sorry for your loss. Sent you a private message. Rick
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

Wow such an eclectic collection. My sincere condolences
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

krhastie

Firstly welcome to talkblade ,and I'm very sorry for the loss of your father ,it must be a very difficult time for you and your family.

The collection shown here that your father has accumulated over many years I would think ,has some very sought after and unusual knives ,from many different countries.

Its a beautiful collection showing the variety in these blades , and I am sure some members of Talkblade will help and guide you when you decide to sell them .

Keep looking on here for a while and you will see why your dad had such a passion and admiration like everyone here for these beautiful creations.

My best regards.to you and your family .at this sad time.

gravknife
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Sorry for your loss.
I don't believe you can sell them here without a prescribed number of posts, but should you need help with them you can email me at mickeybeep@aol.com
I'm sure you are being inundated with offers right now. Be very careful, as there are dealers who scan these forums looking to buy for pennies on the dollar. I can help you get what they are worth-which is a considerable amount.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Thank you very much, Mr.DeShivs. I've read many of your posts over the last few days and understand that you are "The Guy!" Honestly, only about four people inquiring early.

I just read your bio on your website. What a wonderful life you've led! I too was fortunate to learn a bit about metalwork and welding. It was always my favorite class in art school in Cincinnati where I grew up.

Again, I deeply appreciate your time and attention,

Katie Hastie
Denver CO 80222
Last edited by ColdEthyl on Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
boots

Post by boots »

My condolences for your loss, Bill is right, be careful. That's a very nice and special collection!

Dana Balinger

Post by Dana Balinger »

... my sympathies on the loss of your Dad,... he certainly had an eye for collectable knives,... I see some great looking knives, and some I would like to have in my own collection,... you will find two types of inquiries,.. those who want to buy cheap and re-sale for profit, with no vested interest in this kind of knife,... only the money they can make, but also there will be collectors who wish to add to their personal collection and will pay a decent price,... I don't know if OBO is allowed on the sale thread, but that will give you the best way to sell for a fair price to both you and the buyer,.. When I decide to reduce my collection, I will post at a price I want, then accept the best offer I can entertain,... keep us informed of your decision,.. I will be interested,... best wishes at these difficult times,....
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Dana Balinger wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:56 am ... my sympathies on the loss of your Dad,... he certainly had an eye for collectable knives,... I see some great looking knives, and some I would like to have in my own collection,... you will find two types of inquiries,.. those who want to buy cheap and re-sale for profit, with no vested interest in this kind of knife,... only the money they can make, but also there will be collectors who wish to add to their personal collection and will pay a decent price,... I don't know if OBO is allowed on the sale thread, but that will give you the best way to sell for a fair price to both you and the buyer,.. When I decide to reduce my collection, I will post at a price I want, then accept the best offer I can entertain,... keep us informed of your decision,.. I will be interested,... best wishes at these difficult times,....
Thank you, Dana. It's almost all news to me. I'm learning from you and everyone on TB
jerryk25

Post by jerryk25 »

Wow. . .some pretty rare things in there. . . .
Sorry about your father, I hope you had good talks with him before he passed.
Mario

Post by Mario »

Sorry about your dad. That’s quite the collection he had. A few of those knives are quite rare and valuable, namely that German Bonsa trapdoor OTF. If you have any questions, there are plenty of folks here who will be happy to help.
ColdEthyl

Post by ColdEthyl »

Mario wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:48 am Sorry about your dad. That’s quite the collection he had. A few of those knives are quite rare and valuable, namely that German Bonsa trapdoor OTF. If you have any questions, there are plenty of folks here who will be happy to help.
Thank you, Mario. Is this the one you are referring to? It's one of my faves. Scary fast but easy to use.
Trapdoor.jpeg
Trapdoor.jpeg (119.77 KiB) Viewed 1774 times
Mario

Post by Mario »

krhastie wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:03 pm
Mario wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:48 am Sorry about your dad. That’s quite the collection he had. A few of those knives are quite rare and valuable, namely that German Bonsa trapdoor OTF. If you have any questions, there are plenty of folks here who will be happy to help.
Thank you, Mario. Is this the one you are referring to? It's one of my faves. Scary fast but easy to use.
Trapdoor.jpeg
Yes, that’s the one! It goes for a LOT when I see it pop up for sale.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

krhastie wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:03 pm
Trapdoor.jpeg
Arizona Customs is one place to look for what knives have sold for. It's a consignment site/business for selling knives.

I see that three of those Bonsa knives have sold on AC since 2020. One sold in 2020 for $300, and two sold in 2021, one for $325, the other for $345.

I also see that one of those candy stripe Imperials (the one with the red and yellow stripe handles) sold at AC in 2021 for $195.
Last edited by Killgar on Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A