Otter-Hubertus shellpuller

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

Otter-Hubertus shellpuller

Post by Panzerfaust »

Has anyone seen these? They are not listed on the Otter Messer website but apparently they are making these because there is a seller on All About Pocket Knives who has them.
Attachments
Ottershellpuller.jpg
Ottershellpuller.jpg (115.92 KiB) Viewed 595 times
XBMX

Re: Otter-Hubertus shellpuller

Post by XBMX »

As time passes Otter is reproducing more and more of Hubertus' classic designs. Early examples had one piece springs, release levers without the hole, plain bolsters without the lines, stainless liners, ect. Late offerings are reverting back to the triditionall designs. But in the end wouldn't you rather own a original rather than a copy???
Panzerfaust

Re: Otter-Hubertus shellpuller

Post by Panzerfaust »

XBMX wrote: Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:19 am As time passes Otter is reproducing more and more of Hubertus' classic designs. Early examples had one piece springs, release levers without the hole, plain bolsters without the lines, stainless liners, ect. Late offerings are reverting back to the triditionall designs. But in the end wouldn't you rather own a original rather than a copy???
Yes and I do own many originals including a Bonsa shellpuller. I bought one of the Otter-Hubertus Lilliputs in November and it has been my main EDC knife since then and I would like to get a bigger one for EDC rotation while keeping the vintage ones in my collection.