OTF parts? Where??

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
MarkBlade

OTF parts? Where??

Post by MarkBlade »

Hi all. This is my first post. So I need a new spring on my good ole Atomic Defender. I cannot spot a dealer who deals in parts for this level of OFT---i.e. not expensive. Any suggestions ? (btw, KnifeKits , as far as I can tell, doesn't list such springs--correct me if I'm wrong!) Good to be onboard with this forum!
LD57

Re: OTF parts? Where??

Post by LD57 »

I don’t know of any sources for a direct replacement.
You might try modifying one of these from AliExpress; swap out the ends and see if it works. Might be too long, or short, so you might have to cut or stretch the spring.
They’re cheap, so you could buy several if your first attempt doesn’t work.
Attachments
3D66617F-94F7-421C-A3B8-44AA45686CB9.png
3D66617F-94F7-421C-A3B8-44AA45686CB9.png (498.11 KiB) Viewed 743 times
LD57

Post by LD57 »

Also..
Welcome to Talkblade :D
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

I know of people who have purchased extension springs from McMaster and made them work in their OTF's. Extension springs can be cut and the ends bent out to create hooks.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Welcome aboard, you may be better off just buying another one and save the parts from your broken one. Grindworx.com has them if I'm not mistaken.
2024 candidate for president
MarkBlade

Post by MarkBlade »

Thanks for the excellent ideas, escpecially the aliexpress lead! As I do the replacement and/or surgery, I'll post how it's going, and be happy to write "SUCCESS!"