New Hubertus

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Panzerfaust

New Hubertus

Post by Panzerfaust »

I bought this "lilliput" Hubertus made by Otter Messer at a gun show last weekend. It was not a good deal but I at least saved shipping charges from buying one online. Overall, I am impressed. The fit and finish is better than the knives that were made by Hubertus and the edge is sharper. Only time will tell if the kick spring will last and this knife is one of my EDCs instead of the collection. I'm considering buying a medium-sized version.
Attachments
2H8A0609.jpg
2H8A0609.jpg (57.77 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Tom19176

Re: New Hubertus

Post by Tom19176 »

I have several Otter manual folding knives. They are all made well. Hopefully yours will be a grest EDC. The old west German Hubies were well made.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Glad to read that it is well made. Bill D disassembled one shortly after the Otter produced models became available and noted the one piece backspring / kickspring. I read later that Otter was moving to the traditional 2 piece design. What does yours have? Thanks,

Jim
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Great little knife Panzerfaust.

Love the stag and the fact it has its box ,instuctions and cleaning cloth .Will be a good edc
john

Post by john »

gravknife wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:06 pm Great little knife Panzerfaust.

Love the stag and the fact it has its box ,instuctions and cleaning cloth .Will be a good edc
Ditto
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

jim d, wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:54 am Glad to read that it is well made. Bill D disassembled one shortly after the Otter produced models became available and noted the one piece backspring / kickspring. I read later that Otter was moving to the traditional 2 piece design. What does yours have? Thanks,

Jim
I read Bill's posts and at first assumed mine has a one-piece spring but from looking at it, it does look like a slip-in but I can't tell for sure.
boots

Post by boots »

Sweet! a nice addition to your collection.