Rare picklock vintage de 28 cm avec croix maltaise (je l'ai vu sur la couverture de M. Paolo ALDIGHI

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Frenchi94

Re: Rare picklock vintage de 28 cm avec croix maltaise (je l'ai vu sur la couverture de M. Paolo ALDIGHI

Post by Frenchi94 »

Hello Gravknife, sorry for the late answer.. Yes during the 60s in France a lot of manufacturers made beautiful switchblades, the best are the Bargeon and the Begon, they are very well made and very solid, but the automatic laguiole and the makinox are really poor quality.. No if I receive a good offer I will not regret the sale I am not a big enough collector, even if I have always liked automatic knives! Thank you for your message again sorry to answer you late. Regards
@frenchXcollection
Frenchi94

Re: Rare picklock vintage de 28 cm avec croix maltaise (je l'ai vu sur la couverture de M. Paolo ALDIGHI

Post by Frenchi94 »

Hello Killgar, forgive me I'm answering you late too.. Yes it's true that the story is sometimes interesting but I have no idea of ​​the history of this knife.. My grandfather collected a lot of objects this one Was stored open in a wooden box with felt like a wine bottle box, I don't know, sorry. Cordially
@frenchXcollection
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Frenchi94
I agree that some of the French knives lack build quality but they make up for it with panache .Heres a couple of french knives I own ,a Tarry Levigne and two out the fronts by Enee & Peylaire.
Sometimes style outweighs build quality with switchblades .
Thanks for the reply .

regards
Ian
Attachments
20171221_175335_2.jpg
20171221_175335_2.jpg (789.69 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
20171025_112359_2.jpg
20171025_112359_2.jpg (708.62 KiB) Viewed 1119 times
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I have some French switchblades and none have issues. My favorite is the Begon in the photo in the link to the Blade Pictures section below. It is not mint, but is still quite nice, and I like the screw design for the pivot.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28877&start=15

Jim
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Your Tarry Levigne knife was made in Maniago.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

:oops: My bad Mickey

Tarry levigne just the importer and seller from France " ,Lizard Import" ,stands to reason,I've ,been away too long,

Hope your well

Ian
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

Frenchi94 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:20 am Hello Killgar, forgive me I'm answering you late too.. Yes it's true that the story is sometimes interesting but I have no idea of ​​the history of this knife.. My grandfather collected a lot of objects this one Was stored open in a wooden box with felt like a wine bottle box, I don't know, sorry. Cordially
No need to apologize. An old stiletto switchblade inherited from ones grandfather is a pretty good story to me. Thanks for sharing :) .
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Wow, amazing pieces, indeed.

Do not sell them, is my advice, especially the 120 year old Beltrame, that's an heirloom and should be held onto in your family. It's spectacular! Most definitely a museum piece!

Thanks for sharing.

Peace.
Bangie

Post by Bangie »

That's a Rare and Beautiful old knife!! Awesome find! Definitely a Keeper for the collection! :)
button_man

Post by button_man »

Frenchi94 ~ You have some really terrific stuff there! --and this anchor-stamp Beltrame is certainly a once-in-a-lifetime discovery!

Could you possibly share the contact info at the museum in Maniago? I also have what seems to be an extremely rare knife -- nobody here
has ever seen another one -- and I wrote to two publishers, a museum, and a knife company; and received no reply at all from any of them.
( REF: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=29566&p=307718#p307718 -- see my post dated June 8 )

I would very much like to consult anyone in Europe who has an extensive knowledge of Italian switchblades, and who might
be able to cast some light on this mysterious knife. In any event, congratulations on your spectacular find !!
Frenchi94

Post by Frenchi94 »

Hello, thank you for your messages about my knife, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas. Sorry I answer late but here is the email of the museum I contacted for information on my Malta picklock knife: museocoltellerie@maniago.it I hope that can help you button_man :) See you soon and happy new year
@frenchXcollection