Recent find

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Millern

Recent find

Post by Millern »

While at the huge, biannual antique event in Warrenton, TX, I found this Super Automatic. It’s in great condition!
https://i.vgy.me/WWd9XZ.jpg
https://i.vgy.me/8uCzBf.jpg
MarkR

Re: Recent find

Post by MarkR »

Nice find!!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Looks good, used to get those for a little under $20 a dozen and was lucky if half of them worked. Those days are long gone. That was wholesale price, a friend that had a gun shop ordered them and I sold the working ones for $10 each at the factory I was working at. Close to 30 years ago.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Blue is hard to find! Bell Metal Co k 108.
Sammy these are the better ones. The importer never sold them for less than $6 each when you bought a gross. Perhaps you're thinking of the cheaper ones?
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

The ones I had were camo colored and definitely were cheape. Sold them for $5 each and felt kinda guilty about it.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

There were a few brands that made them with the camo handles. They are all cheap but the Bell Metal ones were the best of the bunch.
Millern

Post by Millern »

Are the Super Stilletos with pinned bolsters older than the ones without pins?
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Sweet little novelty piece, indeed. And in amazing condition. A super cool find, congrats!! I still have my Super Stiletto (in red) that I brought back from Tijuana in my shoe back in the mid to late 80s. I found a street vendor there with all sorts of these knives almost immediately coming off the walkover bridge. Ever since then, I have kicked myself for only buying the one model. There's just so much nostalgia there. I've said it before but I will get to it and post some pics of mine here once I'm a little less busy. I also have an EdgeCo lever-lock in brass and wood that I bought around the same time. I guess you could call it a "kit", but it was just a knife with a drop-in spring tossed in the box. :)