Help on id a frank b 11 stiletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

Re: Help on id a frank b 11 stiletto

Post by sammy the blade »

whippersnapper wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:00 pm
sammy the blade wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:26 pm From the look of the scale and bolster I gotta say picklock.
Drink some coffee- you are still hung over.
I don't like coffee, when I'm hung over I just drink more beer! Haven't had new glasses in over five years, could be the problem. I can get a couple more knives for the price of glasses, duh.
2024 candidate for president
sammy the blade

MarkR wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:53 pm A update on this ,the knife was a swivel bolster that some one glued down the bolster with hot glue from the inside .it was listed as a picklock at Arizona custom knife. I sent it back and got a refund for the knife I did have to eat the shipping both ways though. picklocks have the same shape bolster on both sides but on a swivel bolster it's shorter on that side. Thanks Bill on the help to i.d this
WOW, home made picklock.
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

So did you get a refund from the seller? since it was not what you originally bought.
And a picklock would be more dough.RON K.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

You really need to double-check your purchases from Arizona Customs. I'm not trying to knock them, I believe the people running it are good people and that they are acting in good faith, but they make mistakes. I recently saw that they sold a knock-off of a Smith & Wesson Rocky Moser auto as the real thing. And they had previously listed some of those fake AKC Roma switchblades as AKC (they removed them after I contacted them and told them).

Who knows how many clones, counterfeits and knock-offs are falling through the cracks and being listed and sold as the real thing. They do high volume, and I doubt they are carefully researching every knife before listing it.

But like I said, based on my interaction with them I think they are good people.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A
john

Post by john »

Killgar wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:34 pm You really need to double-check your purchases from Arizona Customs. I'm not trying to knock them, I believe the people running it are good people and that they are acting in good faith, but they make mistakes.

But like I said, based on my interaction with them I think they are good people.

They may be good people with good intentions, but they’re a bit sloppy when it comes to the vetting of the knives they sell. Even though they make good on there mistakes and either issue a refund or replace it with a genuine knife their sloppiness is only going to hurt their reputation.
Last edited by john on Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

To me anyone who sells AKC Roma knows they are COUNTERFIET knives.......
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

Been doing guns for 50 years. worldwide.full autos police, military,collectors. Have no time to play games. with People who let stuff slip by.Had to send 2 BeLtrames back first time ever. for marred, dented, scratched wood grips. and another on bolster.dented pitted Painted over. i have had to go over 100 year old guns and know how to grade and Appraise, and what to look for,been into blades for 50 years also. not like some here have been. Movie items LILE, CRAIN,HIBBEN, and know{knew} them personally.>Tales for another time<

I came here to learn more.I will watch my purchases. But i don't accept. some slip by. or a non look throw in box mistake. and i tell the sellers i buy a lot. so pack well, inspect.and send the best in that model you have, in one week. one dealer got a order for 14 from me. another got one sent back. and another who i bought 20 from. they are one on the back burner. too many mistakes.I appreciate the honest answers here. And not around to blast knife dealers. or drop names.As you guys know all the bad players already.and i assume this site is to learn, and have good times with items you enjoy.
I value honest input.
Semper-Fi
RON K.
sammy the blade

Welcome aboard, glad to have ya!
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

Thank you very much.iF you ever do shows in AZ. we always have tables in the SAR building at the big SAR show. I have made some runs to some blade shows.And my uncle who was a knifemaker made many. Made also manya show in Indiana always good times. South Bend,Indy 1500,Dyer area shows.

I miss them all. including some Illinois and Wisconsin shows. And blade show in Tenn. have a great 2022 Sammy.

RON K.
sammy the blade

The last time I was in Indy at the 1500 I decided I'd never go to another one. It was so crowded you couldn't get through, I must have a fobia, can't stand weaving through a crowd of people. Unless they have a nice rack.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

sammy the blade wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:41 am ... can't stand weaving through a crowd of people. Unless they have a nice rack.
Once again Mr Sammy B cuts to the core and nails it.
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Sammy spoke:
I must have a fobia, can't stand weaving through a crowd of people. Unless they have a nice rack.
Damn phobias! Sammy, that was time to pull up to the Bumper and drive it in-between. :twisted:
sammy the blade

That's what I thought I'd have to do to get out.
RON K.

Post by RON K. »

Yes show crowds can be bad. I am a vendor at most of them.Have to stay away from Beltrames with wood. bought 2 recently sent 2 back both had mars and nicks in wood and one was cracked both sides by the button hole. only one came in with no issues.and i hate buying and playing the game its not right.then the horsecrap ship back send me another one.{ A few said nope just refund}they said the others had the same issue. is this Normal now?

i request now bubble wrap and small box. and inspect the darn thing please. I fear buying anything over $500 now, But mail order that's about all you can do until a good show arrives.RON K.
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

I need to catch a good blade show, mail order just about anything today can be risky. Lost, damaged ect. Yes I did get a refund on the knife. I had to eat the shipping both ways. I sent them close up pics of the hot glue and they still relisted the knife, and it sold . Crazy