Budget Leverlocks

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mario

Budget Leverlocks

Post by Mario »

I snatched these two up yesterday. They were $30 each and had nice marble handles, so I couldn’t pass them up. The red one appears to be a copy of the AKC Classic Leverlock. Nice that the Chinese manufacturers decided to make a budget version of those in addition to the Swinguards. The Leverletto-style one has the look of a German leverlock but with S guards and a bayonet blade. I actually have a couple others that are similar to it.
Attachments
297139B9-B7BA-4E64-B6B0-66D9AC3795F9.jpeg
297139B9-B7BA-4E64-B6B0-66D9AC3795F9.jpeg (82.83 KiB) Viewed 759 times
Furcs

Re: Budget Leverlocks

Post by Furcs »

Just hate to support red China in any way shape or form now.
JackDRipper

Re: Budget Leverlocks

Post by JackDRipper »

Furcs wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:02 pm Just hate to support red China in any way shape or form now.
Same. I've looked at some of the Chinese stiletto clones at gun shows. Low quality is very evident.

The Chinese swing guards seem a bit better. Not up to the Italian knives, but seem like they are better made and would hold up to constant clicking better than the old Rizzuto cheapies of yesteryear.

There is a thread (More Love For Cheap Switchblades) on the first page on an interesting Chinese knife that I really like the looks of. Seems to be an enlarged Russian swing guard lock back pattern. Unfortunately, it seems they have chosen to mark them AKC. I'd really kind of like to have one, but will not buy Chinese when I have a choice, and the bogus brand stamp is a no-no to me.

As I said in that thread, someone should do a reverse China deal with these. Steal the design, improve material and assembly quality and I'd be in for one or two.
:D
Attachments
20220713_201234.jpg
20220713_201234.jpg (255.92 KiB) Viewed 676 times
Are we having fun yet?