More love for cheap switchblades

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
vernfonk

Re: More love for cheap switchblades

Post by vernfonk »

Flicknifer wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:28 pm I just ordered this from Grindworx. https://www.grindworx.com/item--AKC-11- ... tic--39470
and paid $109 plus tax. Is this the same knife?

That same knife is $17 direct from China. Prego spaghetti sauce has more Italian in it than that knife. Fill out a return and buy one of each for the price you paid.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Grindworks has become a total rip off. I wrote to them asking about their moss marking of items as to maker and country made in. They stated they buy from the manufacturer and they are all legit...Yeah right
Mario

Post by Mario »

Tom19176 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:36 am Grindworks has become a total rip off. I wrote to them asking about their moss marking of items as to maker and country made in. They stated they buy from the manufacturer and they are all legit...Yeah right
That’s very unfortunate. They used to be very reliable. So they’re buying these cheap Chinese clones you can get for $20 and selling them at the price of actual Italian knives? If it was just a few instances where they unknowingly obtained clones and mistakenly thought they were the real deal, it would be understandable. But now it seems to have become a regular thing and you can’t help but come to the conclusion that they’re being deliberately deceptive.
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

They also have them on Esty.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

D H Gate has them for under $30 and they don't have Bills name on them, yet.
2024 candidate for president
Flicknifer

Post by Flicknifer »

Okay, I just received my knife from Grindworx. I got the one with the pearlex handle. All I can say is this is definitely not a cheap china made copy. Mine also says AKC Italy and it is solid and tight. I own about 80 switchblades and a few china made and you can tell the craftsmanship on this one feels like a solid Italian knife - like a Campolin.I totally love this knife and even though I paid $109 (and had seen the exact same ones on other knife sites for that price) I have no regrets.

I think if you bought this same knife on Etsy, then the seller had no idea of its value.

Some cheap china made knives are trash and some are decent. This one, wherever it was made, rocks.
"Down in town the circuit's full with switchblade lovers so fast so shiny so sharp.." -Bruce Springsteen ("4th of July")
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

It is a China made model. Not debate there. That said it maybe well made. I am trading emails with Grindwroks about this issue and have communicated with the old owner Cam. He is no longer involved with the company. They moved their location and now bulk buy from different importers. They are still "looking into my concerns" which tells you all you need to know....
djones

Post by djones »

Yep, they are china made with forged AKC stamps. I don't think the Italians ever made a knife like this, least I haven't seen one. But they are nice. I just ordered a 9" fake pearl. I have a couple of the bigger ones, which are nice, but the 9" seems to be the prettiest.
I understand the hate about the chinks copying trademarks, but when the talk turns to quality, did the Italians ever make a quality knife? I love the stilettos because of their looks, history and rarity, but other than a few customs and reworks, the italians are pretty rough as a rule. In my opinion, of course.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

but when the talk turns to quality, did the Italians ever make a quality knife?. The short answer is yes.

As one of many examples, I received a high quality Italian knife just today, a Campolin Baron. I'll get photos and a review up in the Blade Pictures section in a day or two.

Jim
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

but when the talk turns to quality, did the Italians ever make a quality knife?. The short answer is yes.

As one of many examples, I received a high quality Italian knife just today, a Campolin Baron. I'll get photos and a review up in the Blade Pictures section in a day or two.

Jim
I have seen these offered over the past month, this morning I watched a Y-Tube video showing them being released a couple of years ago (2020). From the video, these look like serious solid EDC.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ag ... ORM%3DVDRE
djones

Post by djones »

A very nice knife. I see 300 made. I would call that a custom. I stand by my statement. I will try to clarify: of course there are exceptions, but as a rule quality and Italian does not go together.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Tom19176 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:04 am First, nice knife and design. I feel the Italian ones are much better quality and as noted above the new Frank Bs are much improved. My negative comment ( and why I will NEVER buy one) is these are not mere copies that say " AKC" but rather COUNTERFIETS stealing the name of a real company there by hurting them financially and their reputation of quality.

I can deal with China knives using Italy on the blade, but when they use a real company's name or Bill D"s name on their productions, I can't support their crime....Those sites are loaded with those items and buying from them supports what they are doing.....
Mr. Tom,

The chinese have evolved from honesty to criminal with their intellectual thievery. Unfortunately, they are protected by the Xi CCP gangsters, and the idiot in DC masquerading as our president. You are spot on with your assessment.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
Mario

Post by Mario »

Guess somebody at Grindworx got the message. They still have the stilettos with the fake AKC stamps but they aren’t listing them as Italian anymore. They’re calling them “Anomaly” stilettos and selling them for what they’re actually worth. They’re $29.99 and $31.99. https://www.grindworx.com/cat--Italian-Style-Knives--57
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Price seems high to me for them but I guess everything else has went up so why not a Chinese stiletto.
2024 candidate for president
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Mario wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:54 am Guess somebody at Grindworx got the message. They still have the stilettos with the fake AKC stamps but they aren’t listing them as Italian anymore. They’re calling them “Anomaly” stilettos and selling them for what they’re actually worth. They’re $29.99 and $31.99. https://www.grindworx.com/cat--Italian-Style-Knives--57
I have been sending them emails back and forth all week. They claimed they were checking on the facts I sent them. I guess they know they got caught....