Six knives from the back woods

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Re: Six knives from the back woods

Post by whippersnapper »

The seer end of the button assemble rocks, or teters up when you press the button. There needs to be clearance for the seer end to lift up and disingage the hole in the blade tang. I think the channel you see is just more visable on that thick stag handle.

If you look at the button assembliy in this post you can see it works kind of like a teter totter.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30291&p=313744#p313744

These pics aren't of a silletto but it shows how the button assemble is secured by a pin in the middle and teters up when pushed to release and then a spring would bring the seer end back down to catch and lock the blade closed. Most button knives open in a similar way and there needs to be some clearance for it to come up when the button is pushed.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=30304&p=313737#p313737
button_man

Post by button_man »

Okay, I get it.... but I don't see a slot like that on modern stag scales.....
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Take a little closer look. Push down the swivel bolster and you can see it. It's just more visable on your particular knife. Of coarse that makes it junk imo, but I will take it off your hands for a couple bucks for shipping. :wink:

Crappy, blurry phone pic but you should be able to see the channel by doing this with other swivel bolster knives.
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (178.16 KiB) Viewed 658 times
button_man

Post by button_man »

Yep, you're right, now I do see it on my other knives! Thank you for the tutorial...!

I would not dream of repaying your kindness by burdening you with a knife that you consider mere junk! Heaven forbid !!
However, if you mosey on over to the 'SELL' category, I do have a lovely gold-plated kriss blade that might interest you....
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

No, I'm not much into stilletos anymore, but the stag traditional one you have is worth hanging onto imo.