F.B.R. Stamped Knives

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Highspeedsteel

F.B.R. Stamped Knives

Post by Highspeedsteel »

I really love this stamp for some reason F.B.R. Inox/Italy= Façonnage Brochage Rennais (French building firm) …from the 60s, they are all kind of weird. The 14cm and 16cms are D-stamped swivel bolsters and the 28cm (just added) is the only pick lock in the group. If you have any F.B.R. knives that are collecting dust, please let me know! Thank you

button_man

Re: F.B.R. Stamped Knives

Post by button_man »

From left, Nos. 3, 4, and 5 appear to be BO / BC -- also #2 from right; but what about #3 and 4 from right?
The sear holes and lock tabs suggest that these are not BO / BC; yet the bolsters clearly do not swivel.
However, the lock tabs do not seem to be beveled on the underside, such as you see with picklocks.
So, what is the closing mechanism on these two pieces?

It's an impressive assembly of pieces that must be hard to find...! And all in excellent condition, too!

UPDATE: Ah, I see now.... they are humpbacks! I didn't see it right off..... this is of great interest to me because
I acquired a humpback last year and have been wondering how rare they are. I don't see many displayed here at all.

john

Post by john »

Awesome group! I’m no expert but they all appeared to be Italian made for the French market. The 14 and 16 cm knives from what you said may be transitional knives made in the 60s. I noticed that some have one pin at the top and others have offset pins and a few have very small top holsters. Overall they’re way cool knives.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

I had one, but that was a long time back, I think it was a 9", and it was stage, nice set!.
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

I know where there is a 12cm topless/derby bolster, and know of a 23cm bayonet blade FBR... but has anyone seen a 33cm?
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Nice line up !
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

those are the most beautiful scales i ever recall seeing.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"