Boker Plus Shamsher

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mario

Boker Plus Shamsher

Post by Mario »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mX0B9GSM2Fg

These looks interesting. They’re sub two inch autos legal for California and Switzerland. (I just discovered recently that Switzerland has a similar automatic knife law to Cali. Weird that their knife laws are so strict considering they’re a relatively pro-gun country.)

The mechanism on this Shamsher is pretty cool. At first I thought they were assisted knives like the Schrade Magic Assist knives where the flipper is a separate lever that pushes on the blade, but they’re actually autos. The side lever is what opens it and it has a liner lock which is unusual on autos. I think these use a leaf spring as opposed to a coil spring.

Don’t know if these are available anywhere in the states or if they’re only being sold in Germany and Switzerland at the moment. Somebody let me know.
LD57

Re: Boker Plus Shamsher

Post by LD57 »

Now that is an interesting knife. It's like opening a flipper-style knife, but it's an automatic. That lever looks pretty cool.
It took the guy in the video over 3 minutes before he pulled the trigger on it, though. :roll:
XBMX

Post by XBMX »

Blade HQ has it for $62 on wait list.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Mario wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:08 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mX0B9GSM2Fg

These looks interesting. They’re sub two inch autos legal for California and Switzerland. (I just discovered recently that Switzerland has a similar automatic knife law to Cali. Weird that their knife laws are so strict considering they’re a relatively pro-gun country.)
Switchblades were banned in Switzerland in the mid-1980s. I went there in 1986 and when I asked a cutlery shop owner if he had any "springmessers" he pulled a couple out that he had in a drawer and said, "No more." He didn't speak much English, but he too seemed surprised at the ban and pointed to a fixed-blade knife that was still legal, indicating that a switchblade was no more dangerous than other knives. It is surprising the Swiss have such strict laws on knives, stricter than Germany, considering they have such liberal gun laws compared to most European countries. Assisted openers are banned too and manual one-handed knives are illegal to carry if it has a locking blade.
john

Post by john »

Cool little knife 👍
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Mario

Post by Mario »

Panzerfaust wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:58 am
Mario wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:08 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mX0B9GSM2Fg

Switchblades were banned in Switzerland in the mid-1980s. I went there in 1986 and when I asked a cutlery shop owner if he had any "springmessers" he pulled a couple out that he had in a drawer and said, "No more." He didn't speak much English, but he too seemed surprised at the ban and pointed to a fixed-blade knife that was still legal, indicating that a switchblade was no more dangerous than other knives. It is surprising the Swiss have such strict laws on knives, stricter than Germany, considering they have such liberal gun laws compared to most European countries. Assisted openers are banned too and manual one-handed knives are illegal to carry if it has a locking blade.
Weird that they were banned in the ‘80s. I thought most places banned them in the 1950s.
button_man

Post by button_man »

The Swiss have historically been very independent-minded..... this was the very last country in the world to maintain a gold standard for
their monetary system. Alas, in the age of global interconnectedness, even the stalwart Swiss caved in 1999 and severed the link to gold.

Authoritarian regimes have a long history of creating social turmoil and then seizing power under the pretext of restoring order. One necessary aspect of this process is the elimination of people's ability to resist -- and this means banning and confiscating weapons under the pretext of "public safety".
This mindset has become so extreme in Britain now that the political left has started calling for a ban on knives with points! Under this brilliant concept, only rounded-end knives will be allowed. What will be next? Forks? Pencils? Anyhow, it's sad to see the Swiss being overtaken by this nonsense too.

Mario

Post by Mario »

button_man wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:12 am .

The Swiss have historically been very independent-minded..... this was the very last country in the world to maintain a gold standard for
their monetary system. Alas, in the age of global interconnectedness, even the stalwart Swiss caved in 1999 and severed the link to gold.

Authoritarian regimes have a long history of creating social turmoil and then seizing power under the pretext of restoring order. One necessary aspect of this process is the elimination of people's ability to resist -- and this means banning and confiscating weapons under the pretext of "public safety".
This mindset has become so extreme in Britain now that the political left has started calling for a ban on knives with points! Under this brilliant concept, only rounded-end knives will be allowed. What will be next? Forks? Pencils? Anyhow, it's sad to see the Swiss being overtaken by this nonsense too.

It’s freakin pathetic what the UK has become. Nanny state gone wild.

The Swiss though have held their ground pretty well. They could do a little better in some areas, but for the most part they’ve held up good.
john

Post by john »

button_man wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:12 am
Don’t think that this can never happen here. We need to preserve our second amendment. We can’t let our government take our only means of self defense from us!!!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed