15" Campolin

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
frosolone

15" Campolin

Post by frosolone »

I have a 15" horn handled bolster release Campolin and I can't find any to compare value with. Any info is appreciated.
john

Re: 15" Campolin

Post by john »

Google search AGA 15” Campolin
Bladehq.com
Grindworx.com
3knives.com
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
frosolone

Post by frosolone »

Thanks john, I saw stags and ring pulls not bolster releases all sold out.
john

Post by john »

Brass or stainless bolsters value should be the same.
D677480D-AB5F-49DE-BB74-0D5458ABF293.png
D677480D-AB5F-49DE-BB74-0D5458ABF293.png (687.22 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

I always prefer a ring-pull over the swivel bolster, since, to me at least, it's like a picklock's slow cousin. :D

I have an 18 horn swivel bolster I managed from 3K last summer. If you bird-dog their site, things sometimes will pop up...like a slow drip. I have a 15 horn on my want-list though in any locking format as I have only managed to add one to my horde in the last year, and it's not stock. They're hard to find from traditional online sites these days though. Who knows, maybe some of these sites will be soon receiving crates of new inventory or 3K will be refueled. I keep hoping. Recently 3K dropped a few Frosolones and I grabbed a 10" AGA to go with my Renzo and it was stamped 2017! I've been more concerned lately that production is permanently slowed. At first I thought it was Covid but who knows.

Anyhow, my apologies, got off on a side road there. Post a pic if you get a chance, I wouldn't mind seeing it. I'm gonna try to get some pics of my knives up soon. I won the lottery on the 18 from 3K, it has amazing BW horn on both panels.

Good luck with it brother. Peace.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Duncan has sold 15" ones for $250-300 on FB lately
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Tom19176 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 2:09 pm Duncan has sold 15" ones for $250-300 on FB lately
I may have to visit this gent there at some point!

I suck at FB. I pinged Dave about some knives last year then forgot and didn't log back on there for a couple of weeks (I use a tablet and never put FB on my phone - mostly because of some prejudices I have about their service, and reselling the marketing habit data of their users).

Anyhow, it was all good in the end, when I finally did return and checked back with Dave he had a couple of interesting items and I bought them. So it all worked out.

Nonetheless, I'll visit here a few times a day, but I only go to FB once a week at the most. And while I'm bitching I'll add that it's information overload on every visit. Maybe I'm just old and cranky :wink: but the FB UI can be irritating too.

Peace.