"Generic" OTF spare parts?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: "Generic" OTF spare parts?

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Juggalotous1984:

If you can find some bar stock that can be measured and cut to specification (manually) perhaps your keepsake can be repaired and restored.
After this had been accomplished, you can store it and buy another OTF, managing to get it inside your country.

I wish you well.
Fishtail Picklock
Juggalotus1984

Post by Juggalotus1984 »

Thanks again for all the tips, tricks and suggestions everyone! Sorry I've been so slack in posting a reply!
I had a bit of a look around ali express and think i found the perfect part for it, same style,very very similar shape and length, so ive taken a gamble on that and when it finally arrives ill keep everyone posted! There was a brief window of opportunity to get OTF blades and all sorts of stuff into Australia during the start of the pandemic where customs would let almost everything through, i should have taken advantage of that but was in keep my daughter and family safe and healthy mode.much more important than a new blade, plus there wouldnt be the sentimental value behind it, i still cant believe he took it all around Australian and new zealand before meeting up with me in Melbourne and then me managing to get it all the way back to tassie with no issues!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Is the part that broke, the one circled in the pic, a separate piece or is the entire track and broken part a single piece? It seems like to get the thing to move it would have to all be one piece but in the pic it looks like that part might be just pinned to the track thing.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

JimBrown257 wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 5:43 am Is the part that broke, the one circled in the pic, a separate piece or is the entire track and broken part a single piece? It seems like to get the thing to move it would have to all be one piece but in the pic it looks like that part might be just pinned to the track thing.
This is precisely why I suggested that he invest in some barstock and have it cut to the exact dimensions of the broken unit.
Fishtail Picklock
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

With all the technical information present, I just want to say how amazed I am at the use that's evident on the knife itself, at least from pictures provided! It looks as though it paid for itself several lifetimes over. Thus, it deserves the attention required to bring it back to life. I wish you well and hope you revive it. Peace.