Gator Cutlery Club Show

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TazmanTom

Gator Cutlery Club Show

Post by TazmanTom »

Coming this weekend to Lakeland, Fl. BIG AUTOMATIC SHOW, JAN.28-30 check out club website. Taz
frank2104

Re: Gator Cutlery Club Show

Post by frank2104 »

Awesome show every year. Lots of knowledge and anything with a button in one room. Look forward to seeing you Saturday
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

General question: has the Gator show replaced the Atlanta show as the one with the largest presence of switchblades and switchblade collectors?

Thanks,

Jim
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

Just from the sheer volume at Blade, don't think that's possible,BUT Gator has way more autos per table. Very few with no autos. Much higher concentration for 200+ tables. Old, new, in between, Italian, American, and others. I'll offer myself over 150 displayed for your enjoyment. Stop by, always a great time.
Tuffy4lyfe

Post by Tuffy4lyfe »

jim d, wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:55 pm General question: has the Gator show replaced the Atlanta show as the one with the largest presence of switchblades and switchblade collectors?

Thanks,

Jim
I went to both the Atlanta blade show this year and the Gator show this weekend and I can say that the Gator show has the Atlanta blade shoe beat as far as switchblades and autos go by TEN FOLD and that would probably be even underestimating it. I strictly collect switchblades and after visiting both shows this year I will never be returning to Atlanta for the blade show because there was such a minute selection of switchblades it was a joke. If your into anything but autos the Atlanta show is awesome and HUGE but for switchblades the Gator show is the go to. Plus the price points at the Gator show are definitely more reasonable in general
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Thank you Tuffy4lyfe. I heard that the switchblade representation at the Atlanta show is way down, and that the nightly gatherings of the switchblade crowd in the "pit" are all but gone. The last Atlanta show I attended was 2012 and a lot can change in 10 years. Back then, the Atlanta show was the premiere show for the switchblade folks. Is there more than one Gator show per year? I need to attend.

Jim
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

WHAT A GREAT SHOW IT WAS... Now I need a week to recover. Thanks to all who stopped by my tables. I'd like to especially thank Tuffy4lyfe for coming about a million miles to do the show ( from New York, I think).
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

PICTURES???????????????????????????????????????????????????????
button_man

Post by button_man »

It always amazes me when people enthuse over some event, and
meanwhile it never occurs to them that it might be helpful to list a link.
I've seen this occur countless times over the years.

http://gatorcutlery.com/

BTW, how about asking the Gator folks to include THIS site on their "Links of Interest" list.....?
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

The link was posted on several sites, as it is every year. This is not a new show, been around 30 years +. Jump In your car and come on down to see for your self. Lots of "out of towners" at show, we want to see you in person...
By the way, tons of pics on AAPK.
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

Did Brad West set up this year?
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I looked at AAPK but did not see any pictures? I am not a member there
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Tom19176 wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:21 am I looked at AAPK but did not see any pictures? I am not a member there
I'm a member and I didn't see much either.
2024 candidate for president
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

The few pictures I have seen sure doesn't look like the Atlanta turnout
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

It's 200 tables, not 1000. It can't have the same turnout, but it did have more automatic representation... I just counted 17 pictures on AAPK, they all look better in person.