I have a nice two-tone blade Microtech Dirac

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I have a nice two-tone blade Microtech Dirac

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

It is Microtech Dirac D/E "Standard" 225 -1 serial #554 manufactured in May of 2019. The 204P steel dagger blade holds a wicked edge and hides away nicely in my trousers front pocket. The action is "slicker than greased owl scat" and tight as a tick. :mrgreen:

This is a great EDC knife. (and my first Microtech). 8)
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fishtail Picklock
button_man

Re: I have a nice two-tone blade Microtech Dirac

Post by button_man »

Dec 13, 2021:

"The Bayonet blade is okay, but this OTF (Piranha "Rated R" OTF) is bringing a nice 3.5" clip-point blade to the table.
This particularly useful profile appeals to me and doesn't carry the "stigma" of being a "toad-stabber" or "pig-sticker" (read: looks menacing).
The clip point is fare more utilitarian and raises fewer eyebrows when I use it." [ viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30098 ]

And now a dagger blade OTF is acceptable for EDC...?
Significantly less utilitarian; and with a HSF (high scariness factor).
Interesting modification of your previous position.
Fishtail Picklock

button_man wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:08 pm .

Dec 13, 2021:

"The Bayonet blade is okay, but this OTF (Piranha "Rated R" OTF) is bringing a nice 3.5" clip-point blade to the table.
This particularly useful profile appeals to me and doesn't carry the "stigma" of being a "toad-stabber" or "pig-sticker" (read: looks menacing).
The clip point is far more utilitarian and raises fewer eyebrows when I use it." [ viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30098 ]

And now a dagger blade OTF is acceptable for EDC...?
Significantly less utilitarian; and with a HSF (high scariness factor).
Interesting modification of your previous position.
The D/E blade is "scary sharp" (this makes it more difficult to use than the clip-point blade). The black coating on the blade reduces visibility. Yes, I fear cutting myself on the back of the blade while manipulating the knife for daily use, but I also carry the Piranha "Fingerling" and Case "Peanut" to cover those bases.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Fishtail Picklock wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:31 am It is Sitac D/E "Standard" 225 -1 serial #554 manufactured in May of 2019. The 204P steel dagger blade holds a wicked edge and hides away nicely in my trousers front pocket. The action is "slicker than greased owl scat" and tight as a tick. :mrgreen:

This is a great EDC knife. (and my first Microtech). 8)
You sure have scoring some nice one's lately.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Thank you, Sammy. I believe that Microtech is an excellent "go-to" source for OTF automatic knives. (Piranha isn't bad either).
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Never got in to the otf knives too much. I have a couple lightnings and they don't interest me enough to invest in a quality otf. Really can't afford a Microtech.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

sammy the blade wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:59 pm Never got in to the otf knives too much. I have a couple lightnings and they don't interest me enough to invest in a quality otf. Really can't afford a Microtech.
I confess, Tazman Tom sold me this one. At $190.00 I couldn't pass it up. I want another Microtech, but I'll have to wait until I can afford to buy either a LUDT (side opener) or a UTX-85.
Fishtail Picklock