West Side Story

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Tom19176

West Side Story

Post by Tom19176 »

I saw the new West Side Story movie this weekend. They replaced the lever action switchblades' with 11" horn handles stilettos. ( or that what I believe they were). Like many of us, I am on a few sites that discuss knives. I remember someone saying these were Frank B knives and a dealer we know supplied them. I can't remember who said it or which site it was said on. Anyone else see the movie?
TRYKER

Re: West Side Story

Post by TRYKER »

i'm not sure this needed to be remade
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Jim_mi

Post by Jim_mi »

Amen.
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

It was perfect 60 years ago. Why mess with success? (Would you put sunglasses on the Mona Lisa)?
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

GEEZ...I was just asking about the use of a different knife ! LOL......
button_man

Post by button_man »

And while we're on the subject, I'd just like to say that I thoroughly disapprove of Claudia Wells
being replaced by Elizabeth Shue as "Jennifer" in the "Back to the Future" movies..........

Attachments
Jennifer__BttF__Claudia_Wells.jpg
Jennifer__BttF__Claudia_Wells.jpg (73.38 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

Heck, I'm surprised Hollywood incorporated knives at all.

And how politically incorrect! Showing the underprivileged, or worse, minorities as GASP criminals! I feel triggered just thinking about it. :D

In this day and age I would have expected Hollywood/Spielberg to turn the Sharks and Jets into rival high school marching bands, or pep squads.

Haven't seen it, don't plan to, just not my kind of movie. Never saw the original either.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A

Stiletto switchblade parts for sale- blades, bolsters, sears, rockers/buttons
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

TRYKER wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:50 pm i'm not sure this needed to be remade
Apparently many agree. Ticket sales for this $100 million remake are embarrassing low. Maybe if they used Soviet ballistic knives, there would be more excitement.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Tom19176 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:52 am I saw the new West Side Story movie this weekend. They replaced the lever action switchblades' with 11" horn handles stilettos. ( or that what I believe they were). Like many of us, I am on a few sites that discuss knives. I remember someone saying these were Frank B knives and a dealer we know supplied them. I can't remember who said it or which site it was said on. Anyone else see the movie?
I think that was Ivano who posted that and he said Frank Beltrame supplied six knives for the film. That surprises me that the props department would obtain knives directly from Italy since it's not legal to import them. I want to see the film and as far as it being a remake, since it's a Steven Spielberg film, I trust it to be good.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes it was him:

f you are interested there will be the sequel to the west side story film. The knives in the sequel will be by Frank Beltrame, that's all. Would be great if your family's company got screen credit!! Of course a special run of West Side Story Stilettos would also be a natural. ... I can only say th...
Jump to post
by Belivi
Thu May 27, 2021 2:22 pm
Forum: Switchblade knives
Topic: west side story
Replies: 18
Views: 1313
Re: west side story
If you are interested there will be the sequel to the west side story film. The knives in the sequel will be by Frank Beltrame, that's all.