Other Collector Associations....?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
button_man

Other Collector Associations....?

Post by button_man »

Does anyone know of other associations for switchblade collectors? I realize that there are groups within social media like FB; but something like that
is not a group created BY and FOR collectors...... it is a group that is ALLOWED by a corporation and CONTROLLED by that corporation. Doesn't count.

There must be hundreds, if not thousands, of switch collectors in this country; and yet this is the only real collector group that I have
been able to find -- and most of the posting here is done by maybe 20 people. Where the heck are all the collectors???

An interesting follow-up question: Are there any switchblade collector groups like this one in other countries?

Just wondering..........

sammy the blade

Re: Other Collector Associations....?

Post by sammy the blade »

Good question. This is the only one I know of. There were others that went away a few years back . I blame it social media which I want no part of.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

https://cc361735071b87426408ced3e79604b ... x.php?sid=
Many TB members are on the Sharperdeal
Google knife forums for more options
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
shursnap

Post by shursnap »

I have a facebook group called Old Switchblade Knives. I have nearly 5000 members and it's a calm, non-political place to talk about old switchblades. Been going for over 4 years and growing bigger every day. We try to keep the buying and selling "on the downlow", but it's there all the time. Lots of good people and knowledgeable collectors sharing knives and and their knowledge!
Life is not a destination.... but a journey. Don't forget to stop and smell the Roses as you go!

(Couldn't hurt to pick up a few switchblades along the way too! ) ;-)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

I am a member of SD and Old SK both are nice
fowlintent

Post by fowlintent »

I was directed to this site off of Bladeforums.com.
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

shursnap wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:06 am I have a facebook group called Old Switchblade Knives. I have nearly 5000 members and it's a calm, non-political place to talk about old switchblades. Been going for over 4 years and growing bigger every day. We try to keep the buying and selling "on the downlow", but it's there all the time. Lots of good people and knowledgeable collectors sharing knives and and their knowledge!
I joined that group and it is good. I've noticed the forums don't have as much activity so I'm thinking many have moved to Facebook. I've also noticed there doesn't seem to be as many old switchblades for sale online anymore as there were when I was still actively collecting about five years ago. Maybe many of the sales are on Facebook?
shursnap

Post by shursnap »

I do have many long time switchblade collectors who are members of my Old Switchblade Knives group as well as many newer collectors and potential collectors. There are a lot of switchblade sales happening in the groups on Facebook now. I just bought a large collection of vintage Italian switchblades that I will be selling that way. I'm always buying/selling/trading knives privately online, but the main focus of my group is sharing and education. I'm working hard to bring more people into this GREAT hobby! :)
Life is not a destination.... but a journey. Don't forget to stop and smell the Roses as you go!

(Couldn't hurt to pick up a few switchblades along the way too! ) ;-)
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

shursnap wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:25 pm I do have many long time switchblade collectors who are members of my Old Switchblade Knives group as well as many newer collectors and potential collectors. There are a lot of switchblade sales happening in the groups on Facebook now. I just bought a large collection of vintage Italian switchblades that I will be selling that way. I'm always buying/selling/trading knives privately online, but the main focus of my group is sharing and education. I'm working hard to bring more people into this GREAT hobby! :)
I'm looking forward to seeing the Italian switchblades and though I have not been actively collecting, I've been wanting another picklock.