AKC extreme

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sammy the blade

AKC extreme

Post by sammy the blade »

Got it today from Grindworx, silver with black blade. Lot better than the old b-stealth. $64.99 and I ordered it the day before they went on sale for $15 less, if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Re: AKC extreme

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

Even at that price, the Extreme is a great tool. The AUS8 steel isn't the best, but the steel holds its edge better than the 440A steel they were using back in the day. (It is an excellent steel for the money).

I think you'll be happy with it.
Fishtail Picklock
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Sammy, I’m glad to see/hear you’re actively collecting/buying. Been a bit since you grabbed a new switch. Good for you!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Wow, you must have hit the big one on a scratch off! Or gone back to selling your body?
Congrats on the new knife Sam!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:24 am Wow, you must have hit the big one on a scratch off! Or gone back to selling your body?
..Good to hear from you too Terry...hope you're well my friend!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sammy the blade

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:24 am Wow, you must have hit the big one on a scratch off! Or gone back to selling your body?
Been selling my body, that's why it took so long to buy anything. Seems like all the fat midget girls have left these parts.
john

Post by john »

What color did you get? I know what the knife looks like, but please post a photo.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

john wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:05 pm What color did you get? I know what the knife looks like, but please post a photo.
If you will read his first post, you'll see that he said a silver handle with the black-coated blade.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

My buying days will be over for awhile, I shot the wad on the last two knives. Not like the $20 Ganzos which I have a shoe box full of, they're good users and don't break the bank if you lose it or wear them out. Social Security doesn't pay to well. Hard to pimp out a 66 year old bald man.
charlesf20

Post by charlesf20 »

Good luck with it.
sammy the blade

I bought a couple more of those and swapped blades around so I could get a stainless blade on a black handled knife. While doing do I discovered that the blade was milled out for the spring, probably doesn't hurt anything but I feel the blade could break if you stabbed someone in the head. I'll let y'all know if the opportunity arises. Back in the day I had some cheapies like that that broke, luckily before I had to head stab anyone in the head. If anyone is interested Grindworx has them on sale for $54.99 at the moment, don't know how long the sale will last but a nice addition to any collection. Available in a variety of colors. Just tell them ole dirty sent ya.