Bad Seller Warning

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
huckles

Bad Seller Warning

Post by huckles »

Hi Folks:
I was recently ripped off and want to warn you. It was my fault. I entered into a transaction with a complete stranger and I did not ask for references. They knew what they were doing. They used the right language and photos. Walk away from these two people (they may be the same person) Reed99 is the TalkBlade name and an email of Jesse Crawford at disneyjcf@gmail.com. As soon as they got my $200, they disappeared, e.g. evaporated. Shame on me! Please don't remove this posted warning to the group.

Best
Chuck
Dave. B

Re: Bad Seller Warning

Post by Dave. B »

How did you pay?
Skyyy.Blades

Post by Skyyy.Blades »

Use paypal. I cant even get the money until i provide the tracking number to paypal and once it is delivered then the seller then gets paid. Use paypal only with new sellers.
Best,
Skyyy S.
Skyyy.Blades

Post by Skyyy.Blades »

Appreciate the heads up man
Best,
Skyyy S.
thom

Post by thom »

Sky, Did not know that.
Chuck, Thanks for the heads up.
button_man

Post by button_man »

PP is not foolproof -- crooked sellers will sometimes send a package containing dead weight (rocks, etc.) that approximates
what the real product would weigh.... this enables the seller to provide a tracking number and collect the dough.

JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

There is a guy named Ryan (can't remember last name) in Oklahoma who pops up on TB every year or two and rips someone off. He would switch his user name after getting called out. The last name I remember was RH but he also used names like HomerSimpson and MrMojo. They were generic internet names that seemed kinda like that Disney one.

But if I recall correctly, that guy didn't use PP. He just took MOs and disappreared.

If you used PP with the business option, the protection thing is heavily biased towards the buyer. So I would not be too concerned yet. Thanks for the heads up just the same.
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

JimBrown257 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:44 am There is a guy named Ryan (can't remember last name) in Oklahoma who pops up on TB every year or two and rips someone off. He would switch his user name after getting called out. The last name I remember was RH but he also used names like HomerSimpson and MrMojo. They were generic internet names that seemed kinda like that Disney one.

But if I recall correctly, that guy didn't use PP. He just took MOs and disappreared.

If you used PP with the business option, the protection thing is heavily biased towards the buyer. So I would not be too concerned yet. Thanks for the heads up just the same.
That Ryan guy died a few years ago so nobody has to worry about him anymore, he was younger so definitely wasn't natural causes. I agree, PP goods/services is the way to go for people you don't know, they will typically side with the buyer in any given dispute.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

big_slim wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:03 am That Ryan guy died a few years ago so nobody has to worry about him anymore, he was younger so definitely wasn't natural causes.
Dang...that guy died? Well...I guess that matter is settled. And I guess we have a pretty good idea of what he was buying with his petty thefts.