The Habit

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Zack

The Habit

Post by Zack »

You know you've got it bad when it dawns on you that you just used an Al Mar Wor Tac to cut the shipping tape on the box containing a brand new Protech Godfather.
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

I wish I could have to opptirunity todo that all I have todo is save though or spend less on weed and booze and knives that are half as much as those above and extremly expenisve ammo for Canidian legal guns and well..
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Zack,

Thanks for turning me on to the Wor Tac. GREAT knife! I wanted a Godfather but I may not give into that impulse now. I used a crummy commie clone to open the box.

The Falcon
Zack

Post by Zack »

Falcon,

I had been wanting a Godfather for a couple of years when I ran into the Wor Tac on Tiny's site. It had the handle material, the blade steel, and the look. It is one amazing bang for the buck.

I found myself in a position recently to justify a Godfather and went ahead and got one.

Now, those two are the top pieces in my relatively small collection.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Zack,

The natural feel of gripping the Wor Tac handle makes me think that the slab-sided Godfather would seem awkward. What do you think?

The Falcon
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Falcon,

The Godfather doesn't feel awkward at all. It has as nice a feel in the hand as it has a look for occular contemplation. I thought that the coffin shape and flat sides would be odd to hold too, but that's most definitely not the case, at least for me. It's one cool knife and my favorite US production switch. So go ahead - invest. :wink:

Greyblade
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

How does the Wor-Tac feel LEFTHANDED?
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Greyblade,

The Godfather is on my wish list right along with the X-Olite - which ever comes up at the right price on BA first.

Vagrant,

The Wor Tac actually feels slightly better in my left hand because the pocket clip isn't against my palm. It fires easily with the left index finger.

The Falcon
Zack

Post by Zack »

Falcon,
I agree with Greyblade. The Godfather doesn't feel awkward at all. In fact, it's just sleek enough to feel completely natural, just as the Wor Tac is coutoured just enough to feel completey natural.

Greyblade,
If by "occular contemplation" you mean it looks real purty, I'm with you. You see, I have a tendency to eschew obfuscation every chance I get... ;)
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Zack,

I eschewed and obfuscated a lady acquaintance once and she had me arrested! Fortunately, after abjectly apologizing and signing over title to my Rambler station wagon, she declined to press charges. If I'd been convicted, I wouldn't have been able to legally carry a switchblade in this state. Wait a minute.............I still can't legally do it. Never mind.
Last edited by The Falcon on Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
J-man

Post by J-man »

If the blade is a size of peanut you can legally carry it. Up in the Great White North :roll: We cannot legally even possess autos unless you have the civil sevarnt thing going.
Zack

Post by Zack »

Falcon,
A ramblin' obfuscated eschewer, eh? No wonder your former lady acquaintence got a little upset.

J,
I don't get it. I know a lot of civil servants and personally wouldn't trust any of 'em with anything that has an edge on it, even if it is the size of a peanut.
J-man

Post by J-man »

I mean't for police and Military, and rescuse workers (Firefighters) which are considred "Civil/Military sevrants" not politicans!
Zack

Post by Zack »

J,

Good point. That makes sense. The last thing a politician needs is something to cut stuff up with...
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Zack,

As we say here in New Jersey, "Eschew this." 8) Kind of goes with the name "Godfather", don't you think?

Greyblade