Welcome all...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TESSA3

Welcome all...

Post by TESSA3 »

Yeah, I agree, its a bit
slow, but never mind,plenty
of familiar names, so it
should be good...
TESSA3
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Mr. Tessa,

Hey, you posted a reply in the new topic section! Congratulations! Is that why you Brit's drive on the left side of the road!

Best Regards,

Bonz
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Of course we drive on the left side of the road doesnt everybody?
Your not trying to tell me that in this modern day and age that some people actually drive on the right hand side of the road thats absurd the Queen would never aprove! :lol:

While I am here can somebody tell me whats so hot about Damacus blades,I can see that there darker and have cool swirly paterns on em but is the blade a lot stronger and sharper?

:twisted: BREN :twisted:
So you wanna play rough huh??
Say hello to my little friend!!
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Damascus blades are beautiful,you can get a real good edge on them aswell.Buy one and you will buy more.I'm sure the other guys will fill you in on the technical info,but basically they are two or three metals or alloys welded together and folded numerous times until you have hundreds of layers of steel blade.Not only do they look cool,they are cool. 8) I love 'em .Driving on the left is right not wrong,...is that right?Whats left?.....Cheers the spotlight kid,Hic....Hic.........
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

They drive on the wrong side of the road to be different. They drink warm
Beer because they have Lucas refrigerators.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Right hand drive cars would be very popular in Los Angeles. It makes it easier for the driver to participate in drive-by shooting. (unless he/she/it is a southpaw)
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Brenster wrote:Of course we drive on the left side of the road doesnt everybody?
Your not trying to tell me that in this modern day and age that some people actually drive on the right hand side of the road thats absurd the Queen would never aprove! :lol:

While I am here can somebody tell me whats so hot about Damacus blades,I can see that there darker and have cool swirly paterns on em but is the blade a lot stronger and sharper?

:twisted: BREN :twisted:
Mr. Brenster,

Damascus steel is 2 steels with different density. They are rolled over and over to create the special effects. The finished product is like a finger print, no 2 are alike. I don't care what's strong or sharp. I'm a collector and my user knife is either a Kershaw Whirlwind or a M-14 Sniper.

While were on the subject of Queen's. In California, we have several thousand extra's. Can we ship them over to England?

Best Regards,

Bonz
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

1. Vagrant - From what I know about the members, this is one forum where most are old enough to appreciate your Lucas joke, I know I did.

2. It is good to see that the California members brought their humor over to this forum.
Blade Runner

Post by Blade Runner »

The new forum does have a cleaner look to it, and I haven't noticed it being slower, even with my dial-up isp. But, does this mean we'll lose all the past posts from the old forum? Such a treasure trove of information...

I too am old enough to remember Lucas, "The Prince of Darkness", all too...fondly.
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Well I used to deliver and take away very old fridges for 7 years and I can tell you that there are no Lucas fridges in this country unless they are under a different name,sorry to piss on your bonfire guys. :lol:

:twisted: BRE/\/STER :twisted:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Brenster,

It was a little humor on Vagrant's part. Many of us on the forum are of the age where we knew 60's - 70's era Triumphs, MGs, Austin Healeys, Jaguars, BSAs, Norton's etc. These were (and still are) considered highly desirable in the USA. I would love to own a TR6 someday. I'm not sure of your age and involvement with vehicles, so if this is elementary to you please do not take offence. The aforementioned vehicles of that era had Lucas electric components, which had a well deserved reputation for malfunctioning, especially when it was cold and damp, or when you really needed to go somewhere.

By the way, my company has a facility just outside of Chester. Typically, I make it over about once per year. I have come to love your real beers served at the proper temperature of 56 Deg. F

Jim
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Brenster,
Jim D got it exactly right. I've owned a couple of Triumph Motorcycles,
they were great fun but the electricals by Lucas [especially on my 500]
were given to having "little fits" that seemed to occur at the worst posible time. Thus the reference to the non-existant lucas refrigerators, if they
had existed in the fifties and perfored like the electricals on the Mcycles
warm beer would have been inevitable. Sort of an "in" joke amoung us Yanks who loyaly bought our Brit Bikes instead of Harleys. [I have some
Harley humor also like the name, "Hardly Ableson". If anyone else wants to be offended sooner or later I'll get around to something that bothers you. I seem to have a Talent for it, but belive me it's all in fun.
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Ah now I see what your saying its about cars and you were being clever and stuff,well I feel ashamed and red faced now so I will get me coat. :oops:

Dont know why you guys like English cars as I think they are crap personally but obviously they are pretty rare to you as you dont see them driving around all day like I do.I have a ratty old Renault 5 GT Turbo myself and I was well into modifying it until it broke the bank and now its about to be scrapped when my company car thing arrives from the land of the rising Talbot Sunbeam.

I suppose its a strange twist but I adore American V8's the old big block beasties.That burble and roar oh man its pure heaven,I love the very old Firebirds the one before Smokey got hold of em.My all time fave must be the Shelby Mustang I could dream about that car all day and I even have a model of it somewhere but owning a V8 in blighty is suicide as we have the highest tax on fuel anywhere.Not sure what the figures are now but it used to be around about 85% of the fuel price is tax,now you might think that you wouldnt stand for that and trust me we have tried to do something about it.The thing is :evil: Mr Tony Blair :evil: is a very evil man behind that Jokers grin and hes also intent on turning the UK into the 51st state,god help us all. :x

Actually while I am on this subject can somebody tell me what that old dusty V8 is in From Dusk Till Dawn,you know the one that the Gecko brothers drive around in.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Vagrant,

At least the Brit bikes had class and are still worth something. Unlike the Jap bikes, which lose 1/2 the value once ya roll'em off the lot. I almost bought a 650 Triumph years ago, but did'nt once I found out that the pushed miles far exceeded the driven miles (lucas syndrome). As far as Harley, well my 73 ElectraGlide was fitted with an electronic ignition which keeps my happy face deeply embedded in the wind. As far as insulting the Bonz, go for it! Nothing offends me, in fact the more the offensive the better. I love it. Like a pie in my face, I just can't get enough!

Best Regards,

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Oh god now your saying your talking about motorbikes?
Now I do feel like a right tit! :oops:
Well I dont know anything about motorbikes at all apart from the fact that the Japs make the best ones and god are they fast!

My mate has a Kwak Ninja 600 and I wont go near it,man that thing flies and even though I have a death wish I dont want to end up as jam on the Queens highway! :roll: