Welcome all...

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Post by Doofus Emeritus »

Brenster wrote:Ah now I see what your saying its about cars and you were being clever and stuff,well I feel ashamed and red faced now so I will get me coat. :oops:

Dont know why you guys like English cars as I think they are crap personally but obviously they are pretty rare to you as you dont see them driving around all day like I do.I have a ratty old Renault 5 GT Turbo myself and I was well into modifying it until it broke the bank and now its about to be scrapped when my company car thing arrives from the land of the rising Talbot Sunbeam.

I suppose its a strange twist but I adore American V8's the old big block beasties.That burble and roar oh man its pure heaven,I love the very old Firebirds the one before Smokey got hold of em.My all time fave must be the Shelby Mustang I could dream about that car all day and I even have a model of it somewhere but owning a V8 in blighty is suicide as we have the highest tax on fuel anywhere.Not sure what the figures are now but it used to be around about 85% of the fuel price is tax,now you might think that you wouldnt stand for that and trust me we have tried to do something about it.The thing is :evil: Mr Tony Blair :evil: is a very evil man behind that Jokers grin and hes also intent on turning the UK into the 51st state,god help us all. :x

Actually while I am on this subject can somebody tell me what that old dusty V8 is in From Dusk Till Dawn,you know the one that the Gecko brothers drive around in.

Mr. Brenster,

Wow! We posted at the same time there! I think our fuel tax rate is almost as rediculous. Tony Blair? I agree he's about as worthless a turd as Bill Clinton. These 1 world guys need to be shot. I don't know what they taught you Brit's about our Revolutionary War, but when I was in school, we were taught that it was about the British trying to disarm the Colonists, which was true. Now they say it was the Boston Tea Party (stamp act), what BS. And my good man, I agree with you about the V-8. I happen to have an Old's 350 in my jet powered ski boat, ready for tommorrows waves (weather depending). I'll tell ya what , I'll be thinkin about ya tommorrow.

Best Regards

Bonz
In Search of the Eternal Buzz
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Well I really dont wanna offend anybody here as your a great bunch of guys but I do find this funny.I can just imagine what some of you guys are probably like you know,old guys with big beards and Harleys with Woodstock badges and a switch-blade in your trousers (sorry pants).

Your probably nothing like that I know but I have just got that image stuck in my head now and cant shake it.As for beer well guess what,I cant stand English or European beer I love Budweiser!
So if anybody wants to swap passports let me know I am willing to become an American citizen anyday and you can become one of Queenies peasant subjects.
So you wanna play rough huh??
Say hello to my little friend!!
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Well I am sure I will sleep a lot easier now that I know your thinking of me Mr Bonzo....hhhmmm. :roll: :wink: :lol:

:twisted: BIG :twisted:
:twisted: BAD :twisted:
:twisted: BRE/\/STER :twisted:
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, New Forumites-

Say there, Mr. Doofus Emeritus, isn't this a swell new, palsy walsy place to be?
P.S. You keep forgetting to include your XX OO's at the end of your posts to your new pals.
Wanna talk horsepower? My '68 Firebird with the balanced and blueprinted 510 h.p. 327 out of a SS ate every Mass. State troopers' Dodge 440, and I had it up to 148 m.p.h. before steering loss, and found out the cost of tires in 1974, being prone to reverse burn out round the rotary.

This forum's print is too small for me, and granny hasn't surfaced with my monacle yet. So I don't like it. Nah.

What's up with this catalog of sinister, dis-embodied faces on the left ? I think one of 'em keeps looking at me, and I don't like that either.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

Truly Surly
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

I would like to see a competition between an old V8 and a new rice burner but then again its been done in the movies,remember The Fast & The Furious?

I love V8's but Top Secrets Toyota Supra with 1000BHP man thats some car and when I was in Japan last time I saw some lovely cars there with a Lexus and a Nissan Skyline being my fave.

The best V8's I have seen and heard are in the TVR's of Blackpool,I dont know who makes them as they used to have Rover V8's but when they went over to BMW the head of TVR was quoted as saying that he wasnt having anything German in his cars.They might use Chevy V8's but I am not sure but they sound lovely anyway.

:twisted: BRE/\/STER :twisted:
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Brenster,

Actually the reference (at least mine) was to both cars and motorcycles. Lucas electric components terrorized both 2 and 4 wheeled motor vehicles. In case you're interested, many of the members have an interest in classic cars and motorcycles, as well as switchblades. Bonz mentioned his motorcycle, Vagrant and I both have Viragos, Vagrant has an old powerful Ford V8, I believe Tiny has a Corvette, just to mention just a few examples.

All,

What is the deal with the giant switch on BA mentioned on another thread. It is for sale by SKM. Is it a prelude to a production run? Is it a one-up custom? When was it made, etc etc?

Jim
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Corpse,

Having a hard time focusing through that beat-up wooden eye, eh? When I was in Eugene, I actually saw a glass eye for sale at one of the tables. I almost bought it for ya, but I did'nt have 30 cent's to spare. Ol' ray and Mr. Ego shook me down for all my spare change. Speaking of change, going to this forum from the other reminds me of when Mrs. Bonzo finally washed my skivvies. Sorry I was not present at the Institute when you inquired of me yesterday. I was out strongarming some deadbeat customers for bread. My buxom-blonde secretary said you were a most most charming gentleman on the telephone. I told her anybody who is stuck in a straightjacket will say anything to get out of it. Anyway, tommorrow may be a rain-out for the water ski slalom so I may have to get the Shovelhead out. Please keep in touch 'ol chap!

Best Regards,

Bonz
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I keep my stiletto in my knickers.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Triumphs

Post by Vagrant »

I was talking Motorcycles, as for British cars I have almost zero experience with them. I did work on a Cortina once or twice, [that should
give some indication of my age].
My currant car is a '65 Ford Calaxy 500 LTD. 352 V-8 4 barrel carb, dual exhaust. This is not the most fuel effecient car on the road but it is big,
dependable, fairly quick, and solid, solid, solid . It doesn't respond to
surface irregualrities it flattens them. An old American V-8 like this may
not be High Performance but it never feels stressed. Cruising at well over the [boring] speed limit requires very little throttle. I have a 390 V-8 I'll
try to rebuild and have ready when/if I need it. That will provide even
more fun. That engine was more powerful and equally reliable. Both are
able to absorb a fair amount of abuse.
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Vagrant,

Nothing like an old tuna boat with some horses under the hood. Back in 87, I picked up a Chrysler Cordoba, you know, the one with the 'Fine Corinthian Leather'! That pup had a 360 in it and was loaded. Power everything. Ran better than a Caddy. Got it for $500. Sorry to say that Mrs. Bonzo lost it on the ice late one night and plowed into a tree. The 'ol Doofus was wishing he had his seat belt on, cause it seemed like there was a mile of space between my seat and the windshield. There was no one around for miles. After I got our bleeding under control and made sure there was no broken bones (thank God) I grabbed my shotgun, a 9mm and a unopened 12 pack from the trunk and we hoofed it 7 miles into town. Oh, it had a great back-seat too!

Best Regards,

Bonz
Brenster

Post by Brenster »

Mr Bonz my friend why do your posts sound like snippets from Stephen King novels,each time I read them I think Castle Rock and Maine are going to pop up.I am not worried about Mr Air at all just having a laugh mate all good fun and that,tally ho old bean! :wink:

8) BRE/\/STER 8)
Doofus Emeritus
King and Tyrant

Mr. Brenster,

Never have read a Stephan King novel. I stay away from that freaky stuff because its not funny. Scary movies are also on the back burner. Having friends like Wally is enough for me. Oh, I'm not picking on our poor friend Mr. Airhead, well, maybe a little. That's just to see if he can hit me with a good come-backer, but his vocabulary is still stuck around his I.Q. level :lol: so he tends to fret a little. All in good humor my Bud drinking English friend. (I don't care for English brew myself, but I have been known to blow the froth off a few Watney's)

Best Regards,

Bonz