Quality Chinese Damascus blade Leverletto copy

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Mario

Quality Chinese Damascus blade Leverletto copy

Post by Mario »

Recently scored this Chinese leverlock stiletto (copying the Leverletto design) from the same shop where I got the nice tactical black Chinese stiletto. Has a nice Damascus blade and the handles are some kind of granite polished faux ivory. It has good action. One of the pins protrudes a little, but I guess I can always tap it down with my ball-peen hammer. Overall, pretty nice knife for the money.
Attachments
215E09A9-2669-4416-9A7B-517E9348B532.jpeg
215E09A9-2669-4416-9A7B-517E9348B532.jpeg (52.61 KiB) Viewed 1121 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Quality Chinese Damascus blade Leverletto copy

Post by Bill DeShivs »

People think these Chinese copies are nice-either because they have nothing to compare it to, or they simply can't understand the difference.
Glad you like it. It is a nice design.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Mario

Post by Mario »

Bill DeShivs wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:55 pm People think these Chinese copies are nice-either because they have nothing to compare it to, or they simply can't understand the difference.
Glad you like it. It is a nice design.
Of course, I’ve held the originals and the copies. While China has been improving quality wise with the knives they churn out, nothing will ever beat the real deal.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

My issue with the counterfeit Leverlettos has nothing to do with their country of origin, but the fact that they are counterfeits. The standard (non-Damascus) counterfeits even have "Leverletto" and "Bill DeShivs" etched onto the blade in a similar manner as the real ones.

Jim
Mario

Post by Mario »

I was thinking. I could grind the S guards off the bolsters and this thing would resemble a fancier Hubertus model.