Revival of the "Estiletto Rizzuto Milano"

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Revival of the "Estiletto Rizzuto Milano"

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

button_man wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:39 pm .

Fishtail ~ Four MILLION...?! So this means that every single serious, hardcore spring-knife collector in the country
would have to buy about ten thousand of them. I think I might be a little short on a deal like that....
Worldwide distribution would put a healthy dent in that number, wouldn't it?
Fishtail Picklock
button_man

Post by button_man »

Well, I dunno..... isn't the USA kind of the big dog when it comes to selling spring-knives? What percentage
of production does the cutlery industry in Italy (for example) ship to the rest of the planet, vs. the USA?
I'd bet we get the lion's share.... does anyone have access to hard data on this subject?
bigfatross

Post by bigfatross »

john wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:44 pm With all the enhancements improvements changes to blades, guards, bales, etc. that have been suggested it’s no longer a Rizzuto. It’s a totally different knife.
YES! I agree, it is called a swing guard stiletto and it has a better locking system (when blade is open) then the Rizzuto :D
button_man

Post by button_man »

ross ~ All of the 10+ inch Rizzutos that I have seen ARE swinguard stilettos.
(see my Sept. 25 thread "Today's haul from the flea")

And as to the idea that enhancements and improvements would mean that it's "no longer a Rizutto", does this
mean that the most recent iPhone is "no longer an iPhone" because it's so different from the very first model?

My 2 cents' worth is that if the style is only altered in minor details, such as a fancier guard; and that if the great
majority of improvements are "under the hood" and consist of better materials and workmanship, then it will
still look like a Rizutto, walk like a Rizzuto, and quack --I mean, clack like a Rizzuto.....
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

button_man wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:12 pm .

ross ~ All of the 10+ inch Rizzutos that I have seen ARE swinguard stilettos.
(see my Sept. 25 thread "Today's haul from the flea")

,And as to the idea that enhancements and improvements would mean that it's "no longer a Rizutto", does this
mean that the most recent iPhone is "no longer an iPhone" because it's so different from the very first model?

My 2 cents worth is that if the style is only altered in minor details, such as a fancier guard; and that if the great
majority of improvements are "under the hood" and consist of better materials and workmanship, then it will still. look like a Rizutto, walk l ike a Rizzuto, and quack --I mean, clack like a Rizzuto.....
The appearance and function should remain identical, giving it that Rizzuto 'panache'.
You're right 'on the nose'. Give the man a cheroot!
Fishtail Picklock