Frank B Humpback Stiletto

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TexasRed

Re: Frank B Humpback Stiletto

Post by TexasRed »

Belivi wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:54 am
TexasRed wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:39 pm
Mario wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 2:15 am Do any of you happen to have a Frank B humpback stiletto like the one in this video? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2crFQ47sAas

I thought this looked interesting. I understand that these kind don’t use a leaf spring but instead use a coil spring. Is it a coil spring that goes around the pivot like on modern autos where there’s spring tension all the way from open to closing?

Are these still being made or are they old models from a long time ago?
Just got an email from Horizon Bladeworks saying they just got some in (limited edition). Just fyi.
Hi Texasred, my company produced limited edition humpbak in 2012/13 200 pieces in all plus one in my possession in white mother of pearl. Then no more were produced. Rare commodity today. Maybe they come from some private collection. This is all I can tell you.

Ivano Beltrame
Horizon Bladeworks said the “opened their vault” and took out some of the limited editions they had. Said only a few on a first come first serve basis. They were clear they were not new production.
huckles

Post by huckles »

20210628_031758.jpg
20210628_031758.jpg (264.31 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Here are my five. I had a blonde that is in the mail to Frank S.
Last edited by huckles on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Doesn’t 200 seem like too low a number ? It seems like most collectors have had one or two
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

The idea of this sort of pin constructed knife having a coil spring sort of turned me off of the idea since I imagine replacing such a spring would be so difficult (and with coils, having to replace them is more of a question of when than if, at least for me).
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
thom

Post by thom »

Here is one that I had a few years ago. It had some of the nicest horn ever. Wish I would have kept it.
Thom