FROSOLONE SWITCHBLADE BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Oldreb

Re: FROSOLONE SWITCHBLADE BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Oldreb »

button_man wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:43 am ----------------------

Wayne ~ I sent an email to your AOL address on June 15 with a question about the book.... have not received a reply yet.
Can you tell us what the print run is? If it's low, I might want to pick up 2 copies in case one gets lost or damaged. Thanks ~
Hello Karl, I did indeed receive an AOL message from you on 6/15. I answered you on 6/16, giving the cost and shipping information you requested. I overlooked your question about the print run -my bad. It is 100.
button_man

Post by button_man »

I checked for days and days and did not find a reply..... after seeing your response here, I just went and checked again, and there ii is....!
Darn thing must have hung up on the server. Anyhow, thanks for writing back, and for responding to my inquiry here. Please save three (3) books for me;
I will have a money order in the mail to you within 24 hours. Thanks ~ K
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

button_man wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 pm I checked for days and days and did not find a reply..... after seeing your response here, I just went and checked again, and there ii is....!
Darn thing must have hung up on the server. Anyhow, thanks for writing back, and for responding to my inquiry here. Please save three (3) books for me;
button_man, thanks for the follow up. I replied to the email you sent me today as well. I replied to it before seeing your post here. Let me know if you got it, as it had some information about the shipping cost for 3 books and how you wanted me to proceed. Thanks !!
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

TRYKER wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:17 pm
Oldreb wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:09 pm
TRYKER wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:01 pm you can put a copy away with my name on it i'll get a check this week.
Hello TRYKER, thanks for your interest ! I will set a copy aside for you and mail it out as soon as I receive your check.

Best Regards,
Wayne
YO WAYNE !!! checks in the mail !!!
TRYKER: I just sent you a PM with an update on your book order -- thanks !!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

AWESUME !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I got the book, it's great. I think the best part of the books about the really old knives is when you realize one of the featured knives has made it to your collection.
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

JimBrown257 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 pm I got the book, it's great. I think the best part of the books about the really old knives is when you realize one of the featured knives has made it to your collection.
JimBrown257, I am glad the book got to you in good order and you are enjoying it ! I agree with you about finding an old knife and then finding one like it mentioned or pictured in a book. Better yet, finding a type or stamp that has never been seen before !!

Best Regards,
Wayne
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Oldreb wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:14 am I agree with you about finding an old knife and then finding one like it mentioned or pictured in a book.
I meant seeing the exact knife you have is in the book.
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

JimBrown257 wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:37 am
Oldreb wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 3:14 am I agree with you about finding an old knife and then finding one like it mentioned or pictured in a book.
I meant seeing the exact knife you have is in the book.
JimBrown257, that is indeed interesting ! I sent you a PM.

Best Regards,
Wayne
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

Hi Wayne i got my book, its very detail oriented ....Well done Sir !
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

niceguy2 wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:01 am Hi Wayne i got my book, its very detail oriented ....Well done Sir !
niceguy2, thank you for the update !! I am glad to hear it arrived in good order. Yes, it does tend to be some what detailed at times - certainly not what you would call a "coffee table" book !! I do hope you enjoy it and find it to be a useful reference.

Best Regards,
Wayne
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

Oldreb wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:12 pm
button_man wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:26 pm I checked for days and days and did not find a reply..... after seeing your response here, I just went and checked again, and there ii is....!
button_man, thanks for the follow up. I replied to the email you sent me today as well. I replied to it before seeing your post here. Let me know if you got it, as it had some information about the shipping cost for 3 books and how you wanted me to proceed. Thanks !!
button man, I checked the USPS Tracking site and it indicates the books I sent you were ready for pickup at your Post Office on June 28, 2021. Have you picked these books up yet ? Let me know - thanks !!
Wayne
button_man

Post by button_man »

I hitched up the team and wagon and journeyed into town yesterday to pick up my books. I must say that my expectations were not only met; they were exceeded. This volume is a shining example of why I come here: INFORMATION. Almost two hundred pages of remarkable depth of study -- full color photos of the knives; B&W historical photos; comparative close-ups of ricasso stamps, blade stamps, deployment buttons, lock tabs, safety slides, guards, EVERYTHING; an overview of family shops and historical timelines; disassembled mechanisms..... it seems astonishing that Mr. Smith compiled this book less than five years after first beginning his collection. It really doesn't matter whether or not you own a Frosolone -- I have not yet acquired any -- this book is important to anyone who has even the slightest interest in the history, design, and crafting of switchblade knives. "Frosoline Switchblades" has instantly become one of the "must have" references in the field of automatic pocket cutlery. I feel personally grateful to Mr. Smith for his valuable contribution to our collective knowledge. ~ KV
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

button_man wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 12:10 pm I hitched up the team and wagon and journeyed into town yesterday to pick up my books. I must say that my expectations were not only met; they were exceeded. This volume is a shining example of why I come here: INFORMATION. Almost two hundred pages of remarkable depth of study -- full color photos of the knives; B&W historical photos; comparative close-ups of ricasso stamps, blade stamps, deployment buttons, lock tabs, safety slides, guards, EVERYTHING; an overview of family shops and historical timelines; disassembled mechanisms..... it seems astonishing that Mr. Smith compiled this book less than five years after first beginning his collection. It really doesn't matter whether or not you own a Frosolone -- I have not yet acquired any -- this book is important to anyone who has even the slightest interest in the history, design, and crafting of switchblade knives. "Frosoline Switchblades" has instantly become one of the "must have" references in the field of automatic pocket cutlery. I feel personally grateful to Mr. Smith for his valuable contribution to our collective knowledge. ~ KV
Karl, I am sincerely appreciative and humbled by your most kind words about my book. Thank you !! I hope it will serve you well as a reference going forward.

Best Regards,
Wayne
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

You are most welcome. Thank you for taking the time and effort to produce this book.