FROSOLONE SWITCHBLADE BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Oldreb

FROSOLONE SWITCHBLADE BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by Oldreb »

As a result of personal great interest, a year and a half ago I began work on a book about Frosolone Switchblades. In February 2021 it was finally completed and I have since had a limited number of copies printed.

Using only knives from my personal collection, I present, for the first time, an in depth look at a distinctive style of switchblade made in Frosolone, Italy during the 1920s – 1940s. Contained within the 186 pages, are 15 sections, covering history, design, construction, insightful commentary and more. Additionally, 45 Frosolone switchblades of the era, both cutler-identified and unidentified are pictured, compared and discussed. I further strive to show how unidentified knives can be assigned to a specific Frosolone cutler or shop with some degree of accuracy.

Book Format – 8.5” X 11” paperback

If you would like additional information or to order a copy, you can contact me by email or via Facebook Messenger.

Thanks for looking !
Wayne
(Oldreb27@aol.com)
Attachments
IMG_3001 (5).JPG
IMG_3001 (5).JPG (526.45 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
IMG_2999 (4).JPG
IMG_2999 (4).JPG (468.26 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
IMG_2998 (4).JPG
IMG_2998 (4).JPG (583.52 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
IMG_2990 (2).JPG
IMG_2990 (2).JPG (333.85 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
IMG_2989 (2).JPG
IMG_2989 (2).JPG (520.42 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
IMG_2986 (3).JPG
IMG_2986 (3).JPG (335.91 KiB) Viewed 2739 times
METALGOD

Re: FROSOLONE SWITCHBLADE BOOK ANNOUNCEMENT

Post by METALGOD »

very cool book , you have a idea of what price will be ? i will take one for sure :)
fastr19

Post by fastr19 »

I have one and it's very impressive. Wayne does meticulous research. On a side note, he also has it packaged so well that it will not arrive at your house damaged.
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

METALGOD wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:23 am very cool book , you have a idea of what price will be ? i will take one for sure :)
Hello Metalgod, thank you for your interest ! The cost of the book including shipping is $47.00 in the United States. Payment can be made via Paypal (Friends & Family only) or a Check / Money Order via the mail. I will need your mailing address (exactly as it needs to be shown on the package). My Paypal address is Oldreb27@aol.com My mailing address is Wayne Smith - 2338 Old Stage Road - Mullins, SC. - 29574 Best Regards, Wayne
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

fastr19 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:26 am I have one and it's very impressive. Wayne does meticulous research. On a side note, he also has it packaged so well that it will not arrive at your house damaged.
Hello fastr19 !! Thank you for your supportive words about the book. !! I am very pleased to know you are enjoying it !! It is not what you would call a "coffee table " book, as my intent in putting it together was for it to be a useful reference.

Best Regards,
Wayne
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

you can put a copy away with my name on it i'll get a check this week.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

TRYKER wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:01 pm you can put a copy away with my name on it i'll get a check this week.
Hello TRYKER, thanks for your interest ! I will set a copy aside for you and mail it out as soon as I receive your check.

Best Regards,
Wayne
frank2104

Post by frank2104 »

Nice job! I'm sure it was a bunch of rewarding work to be proud of. 8)
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

frank2104 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:37 pm Nice job! I'm sure it was a bunch of rewarding work to be proud of. 8)
Hello Frank !! Yes, it was a very enjoyable experience !! Especially since I handled all aspects of putting it together and really had no idea of exactly how to do it when I started !! In the end, it finally all came together !!

Best Regards,
Wayne
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

Hi just sent ya payment with pp . Thanks Bernie
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

METALGOD wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:29 pm Hi just sent ya payment with pp . Thanks Bernie
Hello Bernie, thanks for your interest and book order ! I received your Paypal payment. I just sent you an email. Please send me your mailing address -- thanks !!

Best Regards,
Wayne
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

Oldreb wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:01 pm
METALGOD wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:29 pm Hi just sent ya payment with pp . Thanks Bernie
Hello Bernie, thanks for your interest and book order ! I received your Paypal payment. I just sent you an email. Please send me your mailing address -- thanks !!

Best Regards,
Wayne
UPDATE: I just noticed that you sent me a message here on the Forum so I have your address - thanks ! Disregard my email - sorry bout that !! I will mail your book out tomorrow.

Best Regards,
Wayne
sylvan

Post by sylvan »

This is a great book if you are fond of Frosolone knives. Wayne did a fantastic job creating this book. There are fantastic examples of some very rare knives. A must have in you book collection.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Looks like a great resource and finely done book!
Oldreb

Post by Oldreb »

sylvan wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:44 am This is a great book if you are fond of Frosolone knives. Wayne did a fantastic job creating this book. There are fantastic examples of some very rare knives. A must have in you book collection.
sylvan, thank you very much for your supportive words about my book !! I am glad you found it to be informative and I hope useful, as a reference going forward.

Best Regards,
Wayne