Repair & Custom Handles??

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: Repair & Custom Handles??

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Miscommunication, unrealistic expectations, and mistakes happen with everyone.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

button_man wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:24 pm I have strong misgivings about saying this, because it seems certain to create controversy and ill-will..... but dammit, if I was thinking about spending a lot of money on repairs, I would want somebody to speak up.... so, here goes:

A couple of years ago, I needed a spring replaced. I contacted a repair guy whom I had seen mentioned on another site and made arrangements. I explained that I also wanted the blade channel cleaned out, because it was very dirty and looked to have some beginning corrosion. I was quoted $80 for the work, which I paid up front; and when the knife was returned to me, the replacement spring was a rusty piece of junk and nothing had been done to clean out the blade channel. For eighty bucks, he couldn't even be bothered to spend a minute or two with a rotary wire-brush, removing the rust on the replacement spring?! Even if it had cost a little extra --which it shouldn't have, because it was part of the deal at the quoted price-- I would have paid more to have the blade channel cleaned. You can imagine how disappointed I was at this poor excuse for repair.

The repair "expert" responsible for this shoddy work has now been mentioned in this thread. Needless to say, it is NOT Bill. That's all I feel like saying about this incident.

I feel like the implication is that the "other guy" would have to be me...but that can't possibly be the case.

Can someone just come out and say what I am too dumb to understand and too insecure to ignore here??
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I realize that probably no one but me was even paying attention to this thread but I would like to make it clear to anyone who might have read this that the complaint made in this thread was not referring to me as I have never done any repairs for the person who made the complaint. And, of course as anyone who has dealt with me will tell you, that is not the kind of thing I would ever do.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Jim Brown, Kaleb, and I all do very good work.
As I said before, mistakes, miscommunication, and unreal expectations can (and do) happen with any one.
Jim Brown- I wouldn't give it a second thought if I were you.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

It is just frustrating that the person who made the accusation that appears to be against me refuses to clarify it in the open forum where he made the accusation.

In the attached shot, you can see what he told me when I asked him if he was talking about me; it would be great if he would say this in the open forum so there is no confusion. After a week of trying to explain to him that you can't go around besmirching people's reputations, he just refuses to take responsibility for his actions. I take this stuff very seriously. Especially when it is something I take a lot of pride in like fixing people's knives.

If anyone thinks I am too concerned about this, I would like you to think about the times you have been accused of things you had nothing to do with. That is what I am going through here.
Attachments
post 1.PNG
post 1.PNG (6.54 KiB) Viewed 1039 times
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Well, that oughta settle that!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I hope it does for everyone reading this. These threads stay around for decades. I don't want some people in the future seeing that comment and thinking I did something wrong and then did not make sure to do whatever needed to be done to make it right.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

It's good that you are protective of your reputation.
You only have one.