My New Display Case

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jackalope

Re: My New Display Case

Post by Jackalope »

TexasRed wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:55 pm Got my new display case in!!!! Now all I have to do is decide where to mount it.
That would really look cool if you recessed it in between the studs.
Pretty easy to do. ☺
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

I have the same knife chest as JPD1998, even down to the mirror, but stained in dark cherry. It came from Lowes and was $55 if I remember correctly, but that was about 15 years ago. It seems they get them every year during late Winter and place them among the tool boxes.

Jim
button_man

Post by button_man »

JPD ~ That's a very handsome chest you have there..... a line that I seldom utter to male persons.
Here's another one: I sure would love to see the complete contents of your drawers!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

button_man: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking more about the knife chest as I just moved it due to some remodeling we are doing. They are still available at Harbor Freight for $80, and do a good job as can been in the photo. Mine is not what I consider fine furniture, it is made of stained pine but is well assembled with no evidence of sloppy workmanship. I remember there was (is) an Amish company out of Ohio that made a variety of sizes and configurations in a variety of woods. They were more expensive, had great reviews from those that owned them, and seemed to be a good value for what they were. I can't say for sure as I never saw one in person and can't remember the name of the company, but would recommend doing a search for anyone in the market for a knife chest.

Jim
button_man

Post by button_man »

Jim ~ The last time that I had knives out in the open, it proved to be very convenient for the guys who kicked in my back door while I was at work.

I do not display my collections in my home any more.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

button_man - sorry to read of the theft. I certainly understand your motive to keep them out of sight. Hope it doesn't happen again - some collectors store their knives in safes.

Jim
Knfcollector

Post by Knfcollector »

Nice job on the display case. Looks like you’re going to have to get started on another for the overflow