Indiana 9" Swinguards

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
monstro

Re: Indiana 9" Swinguards

Post by monstro »

Dave. B wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:05 am
monstro wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:23 am Josh is still involved in PVK.
PVK are still hit and miss.

Some will defend him and the business tooth and nail.
If you do buy from this company proceed with caution.
When was your last order? I don't know the history people have had with PVK, but I can say my orders went through without a problem.
Last March. I tried a few times, but PVK blanked me. I knew there was a risk, but it was also a manufacturer who have a great customer service record. In the end, the manufacturer fixed it for me.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

sammy the blade wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:22 pm I think Tizzy used to bang him and I'm not positive but I think they are brother and sister. Not sure which is which either. Just my guess.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for that laugh sammy
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

portlandmike wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:17 am
sammy the blade wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:22 pm I think Tizzy used to bang him and I'm not positive but I think they are brother and sister. Not sure which is which either. Just my guess.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you for that laugh sammy
anytime
2024 candidate for president
jocko952021

Post by jocko952021 »

I purchased two of the 9 inch Indiana automatics. They came in perfect condition and look great. The problem is in the operation of the blade releases.

The push button on the swinguard was extremely difficult to depress. It took two thumbs the first time to get the blade to release. I used Latama Quick release oil on all the metal to metal contact points. The blade drops out of lock when the lock back is depressed. So a tight blade isn't the problem. How do I make the push button release work easier? Since I am a lefty and have to play the flip over game I need to depress the button with my index finger which is more difficult by its very nature.

The second knife is the swivel bolster release model. It too is a problem to get the blade to release. The swivel bolster is very difficult to turn either right handed or left handed. I used the Latama Release Oil on all the metal to metal contact points and the blade swings freely. The swivel bolster is still very difficult to turn. All my flipper knives open easier than this one.

I really need help with these two to get them to work properly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
john

Post by john »

For the bolster open/close:
I’d start by slipping one razor blade between the bolster and liner; a second razor blade may be needed if it’s super tight. It might be just enough to make it swivel as it should.
For the button: there may be some thing impeding button. It could be dirt, a burr, the button hole might too tight, lots of reasons ed Hy. The knife may need to be opened up in order to make it function properly. Try flushing/spraying it out with WD till clean.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
azn_seagull02

Post by azn_seagull02 »

[quote=jocko952021 post_id=306535 time=1615917387 user_id=20878]
I purchased two of the 9 inch Indiana automatics. They came in perfect condition and look great. The problem is in the operation of the blade releases.

The push button on the swinguard was extremely difficult to depress. It took two thumbs the first time to get the blade to release. I used Latama Quick release oil on all the metal to metal contact points. The blade drops out of lock when the lock back is depressed. So a tight blade isn't the problem. How do I make the push button release work easier? Since I am a lefty and have to play the flip over game I need to depress the button with my index finger which is more difficult by its very nature.

The second knife is the swivel bolster release model. It too is a problem to get the blade to release. The swivel bolster is very difficult to turn either right handed or left handed. I used the Latama Release Oil on all the metal to metal contact points and the blade swings freely. The swivel bolster is still very difficult to turn. All my flipper knives open easier than this one.

I really need help with these two to get them to work properly. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
[/quote]

Did you end up ordering from pvk?
jocko952021

Post by jocko952021 »

Yes.