Newbie Needs Help

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
2pugsrtrble

Newbie Needs Help

Post by 2pugsrtrble »

I have been collecting knives for some years and have recently switched my interest to switchblades. I'm looking for some self assembly knife kits that I can assemble myself. I am well aware of both local and federal laws and all my knives go to the display case. Does anyone have some starter links or kits? I would like a double action kit if possible-I hope I'm correct in saying that a double action means you can press a bitton or lever and get the blade to extend and do the same to get the blade to retract.
Thanks for any information you can provide.
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Welecome 2pug
SKM makes a kit sideopener Italian. You can by Mikov kits but I don't believe there is a kit for an In and Out OTF.
PB
Plastered Bastard

Post by Plastered Bastard »

Welcome 2Pugs,

I second what PB said...no 'Out The Front' kits out there...at least not that I know of, but those Mikov kits look nice...a 'do it yourself' of the stout factory builts. Sorry I don't have a link to where you can get'um right at the moment...I'll go look for one and post it later if someone else doesn't beat me to it.
You might wanna go to the index and find *DeForum with BillDeShivs* where you can ask about building switches, and read the other posts as well.
A Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces ~ American Proverb

Plastered B.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome 2pugsrtrble
The Mikov is a "kit" that requires a fair amount of assembly. Most other kits only require installing the spring.
I think that there is some demand for kits and if I'm right someone will sooner or later start selling them. Quite a few of the people here have taken switchblades apart and rebuilt them the way the wanted them. With some outstanding results. Maybe if parts were easily available they would sell fairly well :?: At least to people who want to make their own.
DISTORTION

Post by DISTORTION »

welcome 2pugs,.......

First,go to e-bay.search knives,automatic.

Buy a tombraider o.t.f.
Take it apart and install the finger-ring.

most bang for your buck :wink:
The first step in avoiding a trap,
is knowing of its existance...................
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Welcome Mr. 2pugs,

Enjoy your stay...

Best wishes
Teddy
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Welcome:

Stay away from the cheap POS OTF's. They are not worth it. They only make as cool letter openers. Fall apart if used for anything else.

If you must have an OTF Microtech makes quality ones but they aren't cheap to start.

SD
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

It's not TOO bad. You can find a HALO II for as little as $225 if you are patient and lucky. Might as well get used to the prices by diving right in! After awhile, why, $1,500 is a bargain knife. :twisted: