I have a new ACE EVO Extreme by AKC.

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

I have a new ACE EVO Extreme by AKC.

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

The knife has an AUS-8 polished steel blade with a stepped orange firing button (on both ends) and an anodized black handle. This is a better "user" than the F-16 because it has zero blade play and better steel. The only drawback is that the pocket clip is too strong for an easy draw.
As of this writing, Grindworx has several permutations available. I highly recommend these knives as either a user or display piece They're running $99.99 shipped to you.

Go for it while they're still available.
Last edited by Fishtail Picklock on Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fishtail Picklock
Tom19176

Re: I have a new ACE EVO Extreme by AKC.

Post by Tom19176 »

I hear all good things about these > They are made in Twain so not from Italy, but they seem nice ! They had them on sale for $69.99 for while.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Tom19176 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:16 pm I hear all good things about these > They are made in Twain so not from Italy, but they seem nice ! They had them on sale for $69.99 for while.
Tom, someday I'm going to teach you how to spell Taiwan.:lol:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Fishtail Picklock wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:36 pm The knife has an AUS-8 polished steel blade with a stepped orange firing button (on both ends) and an anodized black handle. This is a better "user" than the F-16 because it has zero blade play and better steel. The only drawback is that the pocket clip is too strong for an easy draw.
As of this writing, Grindworkx has several permutations available. I highly recommend these knives as either a user or display piece They're running $99.99 shipped to you.

So fishtale, do you want one of my old phones so you can post pictures? I have tried out 4 different phones to make sure they can post pics with and they work well. I will send you one for nothing if you pm your address. I even picked up enough beer and pop cans on my walk tonight that I can afford the shipping to your place myself. Won't cost you a nickel. All you need is somewhere you can find wifi and their password to connect.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I tried to put my EVO pocket clip in a vice and get some of that tension out… I Snapped the end right off and have not been able to find a replacement. Still a great knife though ..
Fishtail Picklock

whippersnapper wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 3:09 am
Fishtail Picklock wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:36 pm The knife has an AUS-8 polished steel blade with a stepped orange firing button (on both ends) and an anodized black handle. This is a better "user" than the F-16 because it has zero blade play and better steel. The only drawback is that the pocket clip is too strong for an easy draw.
As of this writing, Grindworkx has several permutations available. I highly recommend these knives as either a user or display piece They're running $99.99 shipped to you.

So fishtale, do you want one of my old phones so you can post pictures? I have tried out 4 different phones to make sure they can post pics with and they work well. I will send you one for nothing if you pm your address. I even picked up enough beer and pop cans on my walk tonight that I can afford the shipping to your place myself. Won't cost you a nickel. All you need is somewhere you can find wifi and their password to connect.
That's okay. Most Forum Members know what a Fishtail Picklock looks like.
Fishtail Picklock
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

OK, just thought you might enjoy taking pictures. It really isn't hard and the gov't won't track you any more than when you post here. I tried.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

That's very nice of you!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Dave. B

Post by Dave. B »

I have one of the earlier EVO knives without the pocket clip. It is well built for the price and has less blade play than my UTX 85
Fishtail Picklock

Reading from the brochure/information insert that came with my specimen.

AKC X-TREME new automatic knife EVO.

"This new automatic model 'EVO', short for EVOLUTION. is the modern version of an old OTF Angelo Campolin Sr. made in the 1970s for the Solingen/Germany company called Otello."

It also comes with a 1-year warranty.
Fishtail Picklock
Dave. B

Post by Dave. B »

AKC EVO.jpg
AKC EVO.jpg (339.55 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
This is the one I have...
Fishtail Picklock

If the blade and firing button were brown Cerakote, it would be an Oregon State University knife. ;) Mine has the black handle, orange firng button and satin blade.
Fishtail Picklock
Fishtail Picklock

I just used some blue Loctite on the left hex-head screw on the quillon scale. This should stop the screw from backing out and getting lost. This is the only complaint/reservation have about the knife.

I am "good to go". 8) :mrgreen:
Fishtail Picklock