My "grail" knife will soon be a realty!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Re: My "grail" knife will soon be a realty!

Post by thom »

portlandmike wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:07 pm It’s a mess .. punks and provocateurs have taken over what was supposed to be peaceful protests… Shootings are getting worse every night… Had a two car shootout about eight houses down from our home last night. We have defunded some of the most critical police squads and it really is getting crazy.. my Mossberg is a constant companion
[/Thanks for the information Mike, some news outlets says they are peaceful others say it’s out of control.
What is the city doing, nothing?
Load up on double ought
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks for the information Mike, some news outlets says they are peaceful others say it’s out of control and others don’t even mention it!
What is the city doing, nothing?
Load up on double ought
monstro

Post by monstro »

portlandmike wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:17 pm Jeremy did an amazing job on this Scarperian reproduction for me and I’m sure you will be very happy with yours .. can’t wait to see some pics

Mike
......wow.....
thom

Post by thom »

sammy the blade wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:13 am Can't believe they haven't brought the national guard I'm yet.
Sammy for President
Fishtail Picklock

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

I think this got a bit off track. Back to the knife. I know that Jeremy has been right on top of what I want. The Fish will be perfect in every repect.

I can hadly stand the wait.
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

The rest of can hardly wait to see it too.
2024 candidate for president
Fishtail Picklock

Well, If I had a mouse that worked, I could show you a picture of the older Fish of which Jermey had pictures. It is much like the 9 3/4" AGA Campolin knife. The main differences are:

1) The length of the knife (1" difference on OAL).

2) The straight-topped bottom bolster.

3) The blade/back spring thickness (4mm as opposed to 3mm).

4) 1095 carbon steel instead of AISI 420 Stainless.

5) An octagonal-shaped locking tab.

That's it.
Fishtail Picklock
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

You need to buy a $10 dollar smart phone with a camera so you can post pics. As long as you have internet source you can use the phone without buying service. You probably know someone who will even give you an old phone. Hell, I will send you one of my old ones if you give a a couple bucks for postage. You can use it at the library or anywhere you can get free internet.
Fishtail Picklock

whippersnapper wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 4:16 am You need to buy a $10 dollar smart phone with a camera so you can post pics. As long as you have internet source you can use the phone without buying service. You probably know someone who will even give you an old phone. Hell, I will send you one of my old ones if you give a a couple bucks for postage. You can use it at the library or anywhere you can get free internet.
I am living in a town of fewer than 1800 people and am visiting a friend 32miles from where I room. I head to a local 2nd hand store to use their internet connection from time to time. I just don't have the hardware to connect the laptop to the phone.
Fishtail Picklock
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

You don't need to connect the phone to a laptop or desktop. All you need is a wifi internet connection like at the hardware store. A smart phone will be able to connect to the free wifi. Log into talkblade on the phone and upload a picture you took earlier with the phone into your posts. It takes a little playing with to get a picture small enough to post but a dummy like me figured it out in a few minutes.
As seen here.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28967
sammy the blade

Man, I must be retararded.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

sammy the blade wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:07 pm Man, I must be retararded.
Sam,all you post with is your phone, right.
Take a pic and it should save to files or gallery. Somewhere on your phone it will save. Come to this forum and start a post or reply to a post. On the bottom there should be a tab that says "attachments". Click that and a box will show that says "add files". A window will pop up with options where the picture got placed. Click that and your picture should show. Click on the picture and in will automatically load onto this forum. When the picture is loaded a there is a place that says "Place inline". Click that and it will go into your post where you type. Click submit and presto...
switchblade pumkin.jpg
switchblade pumkin.jpg (38.04 KiB) Viewed 2782 times
Sam, your boy could probably show you in 2 minutes. The only problem I was having was that the camera was taking too big of pictures and the forum wouldn't load them. I had to play with the settings a little in the phone.
Jay Blade

Post by Jay Blade »

portlandmike wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:07 pm It’s a mess .. punks and provocateurs have taken over what was supposed to be peaceful protests… Shootings are getting worse every night… Had a two car shootout about eight houses down from our home last night. We have defunded some of the most critical police squads and it really is getting crazy.. my Mossberg is a constant companion
Wow, that's purely insane!! Locked & Loaded is the best way to go...Stay safe..
sammy the blade

Terry, it's best I don't know how to post pictures, I could get banned.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

It might just liven up the place.