Stag Horn Stiletto on U.K. Ebay

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Pete-UK

Stag Horn Stiletto on U.K. Ebay

Post by Pete-UK »

Hi Everyone.........I've just stumbled on this on the UK....Ebay auction site http://www.ebay.co.uk ......and was just wondering if any forum members would be interested ......especially UK members......I don't know how to send a link :oops: ...but the item No is 2226235614..........It's a Stag Horn Stiletto that's upto £21 at the moment...but the guy says its got no spring.........I don't know the quality of the knife or how much it is worth and if/or a replacment spring could be obtained.............but I thought it was worth a l@@k :D ............ I'm a bit new 2 all this so I will let u decide if it's a bargain worth fixing or a burden !!!..........Happy Huntin :D ...............Pete-UK
We are only on this planet once.........enjoy it .......and be cool !!!
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

pete,best to check with teddy on this one.
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

I'm afraid I'm no help at all on this one.... I know very little about old knives..... it doesn't look like an Italian to me.... but as I said... I know little about them.

One of our knife gurus probably knows though...

Best wishes
Teddy
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

Hard to believe that knife is from the 50's although it does appear to have a swedge blade. Couple of things that are real odd about it. The seller calls it imitation stag but it looks different from most imi-stag I've seen. It seems to have some "shaving" near the sliding lock button? It's listed at 9 and 3/4" over all. (Could this be the "missing link" a 10 inch switch!) The blade is listed as 4 and 1/2". This makes the handle a full inch and a quarter longer then the blade. I wonder if there was a mistake in measuring? Also, if the missing spring is the slide-in type it could be replaced, but if it is an integral spring/backspring then the knife would have to be completely taken apart and a new piece fitted in. It seems to be an oddball item and may have value as such. In any case, thanks Pete for posting the link, always nice to see something new.
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

I believe it is Spanish. I have one like it that is about 11" open.
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!
Pete-UK

Post by Pete-UK »

Hi All...........Thanks 4 all your comments on this knife :D ..........it l@@ks tempting.........but the thought of finding and fitting a new spring is a bit off-putting...........nice blade though don't u reckon :wink: ..........Cheers Pete-UK.
Pete-UK

Post by Pete-UK »

Hi All............The knife finished in auction on the 24/2/04 at £25 UK Pounds :wink: .............Was it worth it :?: ..............Cheers Pete-UK.