New from AGA

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
sprink

New from AGA

Post by sprink »

This one looks interesting 🤔
Attachments
Screenshot_20200522-142410_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200522-142410_Samsung Internet.jpg (284.45 KiB) Viewed 4489 times
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: New from AGA

Post by natcherly »

Yes, very interesting. AGA seems to be the most innovative auto knife maker in Italy these days. Wonder who is behind these new pieces that have shown up in the last two or three years? It used to be that Renzo Pascotto did a lot of development work for the Campolins, but reportedly his age and health are working against him.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

sprink

Post by sprink »

Looks pretty sweet, looks great in the video
thom

Post by thom »

Can’t really go wrong with AGA products
texans123

Post by texans123 »

Nice looking knife.
skirmish

Post by skirmish »

Looks very much like an early French design.
Chris51P

Post by Chris51P »

Not to take anything away from AGA but not sure it's a new design. Attached are 3 pics of knives that I own from Begon that I have been told are from the 1970's or older. These are French knives that are "System D' Ouveture Brevete" folders. They are very well constructed with SS mirror polished swedge blades. Also, have nickel silver bolsters and bails with various type of scales.
Begon System D' Ouveture Brevete w Black Composite Scales.jpg
Begon System D' Ouveture Brevete w Black Composite Scales.jpg (30.21 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
Begon System D' Ouveture Brevet w Faux Jigged Bone Scales.jpg
Begon System D' Ouveture Brevet w Faux Jigged Bone Scales.jpg (35.04 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
Begon System D' Ouveture Brevete w Jigged Bone Scales.jpg
Begon System D' Ouveture Brevete w Jigged Bone Scales.jpg (30.89 KiB) Viewed 4435 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

...Angelo does advertise the new "Baron" as based on a design of a French knife from the 1960's.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Jackalope

Post by Jackalope »

Chris51P wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 12:24 am Not to take anything away from AGA but not sure it's a new design. Attached are 3 pics of knives that I own from Begon that I have been told are from the 1970's or older. These are French knives that are "System D' Ouveture Brevete" folders. They are very well constructed with SS mirror polished swedge blades. Also, have nickel silver bolsters and bails with various type of scales.
Begon System D' Ouveture Brevete w Black Composite Scales.jpgBegon System D' Ouveture Brevet w Faux Jigged Bone Scales.jpg[attachment=0]Begon System D' Ouveture Brevete w Jigged Bone Scales.jpg
This is from AGA's website.
"This excellent brand new knife "Baron" is made by AGA Campolin, Maniago, Italy. The Baron is inspired by a french knife from the 60s. It has a push button, by pressing it you can open and close the knife easily. The bayonet blade is out of N690Co stainless steel with a satin finish and the handle is made of Brazilian Cow Horn
scales. This automatic knife is great for EDC or a new piece for your collection. It has nickel silver bolsters with a screw to adjust the opening. It comes with a paper box and leather sheath.
It is a limited edition - only 300 pieces will be made in 2020!
Note: as it is a natural material, color, texture and pattern will vary from knife to knife. Don't miss this beauty!"
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

Very nice. It appears to be an 8" knife? I did not see that in the description... Is the screw pivot the same as used in the new Dominus? JB
sprink

Post by sprink »

Jeremy , yes the pivot screw is for adjustment and in video it also mentions 4.5 " closed . They mention only 300 being made in 2020 , curious if any other scale material is available
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i like it, when the price comes down to $75 i'll buy.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
monstro

Post by monstro »

TRYKER wrote: Sun May 24, 2020 1:48 pm i like it, when the price comes down to $75 i'll buy.
Well, good luck with that...
john

Post by john »

Hi Chris,
Your three knives are beautiful!!!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed