New U.K. Member...........Glad to be aboard !!!

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Gort

Post by Gort »

E'gad sir, I also drove a 65 Fairlane before I got my ship.
If you are going to greet all the respondents individually,
you may be typing for a while. Here is my one welcome
to you and all the new forum members in 2004.

What were you doing with a 65 Fairlane in the UK. That must
have been some exotic car (albeit ugly) over there in 65.
Pete-UK wrote:Hi Vagrant.........Thanx 4 the welcome mate !!!.......and it's nice to hear that we can be "brothers in arms" so to speak..........I've just been on your web-site by the way and see that u have some pretty c@@l stuff !!!........It's also nice to see that u drive an old Ford .......is that an 65 Galaxie by any chance ?.........I drove a 65 Fairlane over here 4 a good few years.......can't beat em !!!............catch u later.........Pete-UK.
-Gort
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Sorry I'm late but that damn Alice wasn't able to help me out of the hole and the rabbit took off. If the MadHatter hadn't threathened my life with his muskat I would still be stuck. Anyways welcome to a nice little elderly community as close as your keyboard. You will find a great bunch of people here but we all suffer from Peter Pan Syndrome and refuse to grow up. Go to the off topic forum and you can see what some of us look like.
Cheerio Cereal
PB
floater

Post by floater »

Pete-UK wrote:.........I just wish that other people would see these knifes 4 what they are ..not 4 the bad name that they have been given..........
Ain't it the truth, Pete!! I continue to be surprised & bemused by people's negative reactions to switches...... I used my 6" Piranha to trim some rope fray at work last week, and a guy, who to all outward appearance & behavior is very "macho", gave me one of those looks we're all familiar with...... :shock:. He didn't even want to try it!! There's just no accounting for lack of good taste, I suppose. :wink:

floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
Pete-UK

Post by Pete-UK »

Hi Gort...........Thanx 4 the welcome !!!...........as 4 the (not so good lookin) Fairlane.........I've owned quite a few "yank tanks" in my time and loved them all including the "65"........I've just got a thing about American culture....I've even gone to great length's to get a Jukebox imported from L.A. .......that's how bad it is !!!...but u only live once....God Bless America :D ............Cheers........Pete-UK
We are only on this planet once.........enjoy it .......and be cool !!!
Pete-UK

Post by Pete-UK »

Hi again Floater..........Exactly my point !!!.........people just don't understand..........it's a real shame........it's like going fishing with your mates and some guy pulls out a 10" fillet knife........no one cares........but you pull out a Mikov.......and you're a bad man :? .........sad world !!!.............Cheers.... Pete-UK.[/i][/b][/quote]
Pete-UK

Post by Pete-UK »

Hi Pushbutton...........Thanx 4 the welcome !!!...........Glad 2 join u !!!.........and like Peter Pan once said..(I think).....there's nothing wrong with not wantin 2 grow up..........it's better than growin old......have fun 'n' play........Cheers.........Pete-UK.
Pete-UK

Post by Pete-UK »

Hi again Teddy...........You've sure collected a few tasty blades in that short time........I thought u had been collecting 4 longer than that !!!.....I quite like the Swinguards that u have .....I don't yet have 1 in my nest ...but I think an Ivory handle 1 will be next on my list .......any idea's where 2 get a non 2 expensive 1 from ???..........Cheers .......Pete-UK..........P.S.... U take a g@@d photo :D .......keep it up !!!
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Greetings once more,

Thanks for the kind words..

It's funny you should mention ivory swingers ..... I'm in negotiations for one as we speak....

Here's the link...

http://bladeauction.com/cgi-bin/osa/Vie ... ber=729596

Best wishes
Teddy
Pete-UK

Post by Pete-UK »

Hi again Teddy..........."Great minds think alike".........don't u reckon :D .........I've just checked out the link u sent me and .......boy what a beauty !!!.........and a nice price too .......about £30 !!!......thats if it stays that way..........I.ve seen the same knife (I think) up 4 grabs at http://www.bladeplay.com for $74.00.........and that's the cheapest I've seen .............Please let me know how you get on !!!.........u lucky man :D ............Talk again s@@n...........Pete-UK.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Greetings again Pete,

It looks real nice don't it.... :lol:

If I get it EVERYONE will know about it.... :lol: my little camera will spring into action again....

Please avoid questions regarding shipping.... it's one of the few no-no's ... use PM's for that ... :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
Pete-UK

Post by Pete-UK »

Hi again Teddy.........Sorry about the awkward questions ........Mums the word :wink: ..........like I said I am a bit new to all this............but now I know when 2 keep my big mouth shut :oops: ...........anyway now that's sorted.........I wish u all the best of luck in obtaining that wonderful blade......I hopefully won't be long behind u !!! .....please share a photo or 2 when she arrives.........Thanks 4 the advice :wink: ........... Cheers.......Pete-UK. (Green with envy)
TESSA3

Post by TESSA3 »

Hi Mr Pete-UK.
and welcome to our magical
fun-house, from a fellow
Brit.
Check your PM's
T3
"Straight to the point..."
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Pete - Welcome!

Teddy - I acquired one of those from Stu and it is exceptional. The mirror finish on the blade is as good as I have seen. The bolsters are highly polished. The guard is centered. Needless to say, it is tight and straight.

Jim
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Jim,

My new blonde is all of those things (well..nearly all...it's just a teeny bit short of straight) ...they seem to have finally got the message. I can see my swinger collection getting bigger and bigger... :lol:

Now if only I could get some of the new guards.... I could put them on the knives I already have... that was their only real fault...

Best wishes
Teddy
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Teddy,

Perhaps a blonde swinger that is not quite straight is a good thing :lol:

Jim