Switchblade Canes

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Steely Dan

Switchblade Canes

Post by Steely Dan »

A few weeks back I was watching an old b&w movie and the ringleader in this cops & robbers 50's era flic's weapon was a switchblade cane, it had a 10 or 12 inch blade coming straight out the bottom!
Cool!, which made me wonder, did they make this just for this movie? or did these canes really exist?
I know they had gun canes, in fact I new someone 25 years ago that had one in .410 ga. it was fun to shoot. Also a few years back they had airgun canes. But I've never seen or heard of switchblade canes, any historians out there that can shed any light on this?

Steely Dan :?:
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

There was a thread on TSF about these. I have a freind who collects them. They are definitely real! I'm not sure they are currently made.
Bill
the spotlight kid

Post by the spotlight kid »

Mr.Steely,there were a few pictures of some old and new ones on T.S.F.the other week.You may still find them there, if you are a member!If not,when I can post pictures I will!Maybe some of the other guys can help with info,if your lucky Mr.Bill will read this.I'm sure he knows some details! 8) Cheers the spotlight kid. :lol: You must have read my mind Mr.Bill!
Steely Dan

switchblade cane thread

Post by Steely Dan »

hello again, I searched the dogyard with no luck.
If any of you know another site I could try let me know. or if someone could post some photos, as I think they would be interesting to all.
Thanks for your replies fellows.

Steely Dan
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Steely Dan,

The referenced forum is not DogYard, but another Delphiforum; The Switchblade Forum

Jim
the spotlight kid

Mr.Steely, the pictures are on The Switchblade Forum,not Dogyard.I did download them when I first saw them, and I am working on posting pics.Go to T.S.F. and ask someone there,they will help you. :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid Hey Jim,howcome everytime I write a post someone has already beaten me to it! :lol:
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Mr. SL kid,

Could it be the Guiness?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

Probably so, with me its the "medicine" and the old medicine cough*booze and gin*cough.. are those coughs healthy? Back to topic, I do rember stumbling across a switchblade cane thread in the movies a very detalied thread with pictures, blue prints even howto make one.
Steely Dan

Post by Steely Dan »

[quote="the spotlight kid"]Mr.Steely,there were a few pictures of some old and new ones on T.S.F.the other week.You may still find them there, if you are a member!If not,when I can post pictures I will!Maybe some of the other guys can help with info,if your lucky Mr.Bill will read this.I'm sure he knows some details! 8) Cheers the spotlight kid. :lol: You must have read my mind Mr.Bill![/quote]
:) I want to thank you all for help.
I did finally get to t.s.f. and found 1 thread, and while they did have a link to a couple of pics they did not come up. :(

Thanks again
Steely
the spotlight kid

Mr. Steely,I sent you five pics a few mins ago.I have just had the first reject email.Please send me your correct email and I will try again.This ain't easy as I have just come back from the pub,BUT the address I sent to was the one you sent me.I am not THAT shot away,YET! :wink: Cheers the spotlight kid. 8)