Welcome Merlin

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

stepdaddy wrote:Mr Vagrant:

Case of the gottahaveits get ya up at 4am? Since you were around you say Welcome. I thought I was a night owl.

SD
I know a lot of people that get up before I go to bed. I used to trout fish with a guy that was an early riser and he hated waiting 'till I got up. One morning I set my alarm and got to his house to pick him up at around 5:30-6:00, he wasn't there and his mother said, "I haven't seen him since early this morning" :shock:
Shiver

Post by Shiver »

Merlin the Magician is certainly more than welcome here. Hope to hear/see some posts now and again as time permits. (Wouldn't wanna cut into his work schedule too much out of loyalty to his customers.)

Vagrant, I'm like you. I can stay up til 3 or 4 in the morning a lot easier then get up at 3 or 4. Pretty much nocturnal at this point. Quite an advantage for the all-night parties.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Merlin-

Those of us here in the nether regions wish to welcome you aboard. Your supreme craftsmanship in your art is wizardly amazing, sir, as evidenced by the Kriss swing guard of your creation that Bonzo continues to lord over me.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. You and the Lady of the Lake were having a swell time with that- 'pull the sword out of the stone' thing until that pesky Arthur kid came along, 'eh?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Shiver wrote:Merlin the Magician is certainly more than welcome here. Hope to hear/see some posts now and again as time permits. (Wouldn't wanna cut into his work schedule too much out of loyalty to his customers.)

Vagrant, I'm like you. I can stay up til 3 or 4 in the morning a lot easier then get up at 3 or 4. Pretty much nocturnal at this point. Quite an advantage for the all-night parties.
I got fired from every job I ever had until I discovered 2nd shift :!:
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Merlin,

Welcome abroad. Wally is right, I do traumatize the poor soul with your magnificent creation.
I can make Wally sit, heel, fetch, roll over, grab me a Coors, and all that stuff if he wants to play with it, but his best trick is playing dead.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
hollowdweller

Post by hollowdweller »

Welcome Merlin.
floater

Post by floater »

Welcome Mr. Merlin !!
Does it ever get old hearing people say, "WHHOOOAAAA !! " or "BEAUTY, EH ?!! " or " (the sound of awe-dropping jaw)" ?

floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Vagrant wrote:
Shiver wrote: Vagrant, I'm like you. I can stay up til 3 or 4 in the morning a lot easier then get up at 3 or 4. Pretty much nocturnal at this point. Quite an advantage for the all-night parties.
I got fired from every job I ever had until I discovered 2nd shift :!:
In my early 20's my own father fired me 3 times for arriving late, leaving early, coming back from lunch drunk, substandard.................everything. :roll: Well, I didn't like accounting anyway. :?
From about 11 p.m. on, I seem to get more energized until I finally force myself to go to bed at 4 a.m. :? The sun is high in the sky before I ever awake to see it. :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

Pardon me, Merlin, I got off-topic. :oops:
Welcome to this fine forum! :D
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Welcome Merlin,
Your name fits you well.
Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
ragtime red

Re: Welcome Merlin

Post by ragtime red »

Pushbutton wrote:Just want to give one of the newest members (he's really an old bastard) Merlin a big welcome. For those of you who don't know just in case,Merlin is quite an accomplished switchmaker who in my eyes evokes the renissance or times past in his beautiful workmanship. Anyone here who is not familier with his work then visit his website.
PB
I don't know if your members are aware that Merlin was posting on this AB/SKM forum 7 years ago when I first came on the internet and visited this site. All of us from the original SKM forum started up TSF due to a rather bizarre set of circumstances at the time.
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

ragtime red wrote: I don't know if your members are aware that Merlin was posting on this AB/SKM forum 7 years ago when I first came on the internet and visited this site. All of us from the original SKM forum started up TSF due to a rather bizarre set of circumstances at the time.
If you mean the flame war days ..... they are long gone and it's nice to see a steady trickle of you guys returning :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Red
You needed a full kevlar suite to visit in the old days :lol: Besides here you had rec knives,Coldsteel,benchmade you practicly took your life in your hands to wander in. 8)
PB
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The Falcon wrote:Pardon me, Merlin, I got off-topic. :oops:
Welcome to this fine forum! :D
Senility sux :!: I had to scroll through the whole thread to see if I welcomed him :oops: :oops: :oops:
Gort

Post by Gort »

Mr. Red, it has been good to have you back, and I am well
pleased to see Mr. Merlin's return as well. Has it really been 7 years?

Perhaps you both remember me, from the old forum. The current
is considerably more civil, and has been since 1 or 2 posters
were ousted when we switched. Mr. PB keeps a tight, but playfull
rein on it these days.
ragtime red wrote:
Pushbutton wrote:Just want to give one of the newest members (he's really an old bastard) Merlin a big welcome. For those of you who don't know just in case,Merlin is quite an accomplished switchmaker who in my eyes evokes the renissance or times past in his beautiful workmanship. Anyone here who is not familier with his work then visit his website.
PB
I don't know if your members are aware that Merlin was posting on this AB/SKM forum 7 years ago when I first came on the internet and visited this site. All of us from the original SKM forum started up TSF due to a rather bizarre set of circumstances at the time.
-Gort