Any Comments On This Custom Knife?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
poorbs

Any Comments On This Custom Knife?

Post by poorbs »

Check it out, but look out for the music.

Comments? Seems like a good buy for the money?????

http://www.bladebid.com/asp/detail.asp?id=485
floater

Re: Any Comments On This Custom Knife?

Post by floater »

poorbs wrote:Check it out, but look out for the music.

Comments?
I didn't duck quick enough. The "music" caught me off-guard. :shock:
As for the knife; to me, it's a gussied-up clone (albeit a well made clone). I don't think the "buy it now" price is outrageous considering how much time was probably spent. I guess its worth is relative. Not my cup o' tea though. I'd rather spend twice the $ and have a customized stocker from Pat.
It's also difficult to see the detail of the work from the pics shown. Either I've been spoiled by the high quality of most photos I see on this forum, or the guy needs to practice his camera work.

floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

Gaa- fake Damascus..Image Scales are way too fat for the design. If it were $7.95, shipping included, THAT would be a good price.
bladerunner28

Post by bladerunner28 »

"Grandpa" Snider is an up and coming Custom knife maker. Custom to him means fitting the handle to a scan of your hand, Etching per your request, Filework, Letter of authenticity, and his logo. I have 2 of these knives and couldn't be more pleased :D When he gets more well known in the knife world, I will be happy to say that I have a few of his earliest models. His "Oversized" handles are his thing.. I have a Microtech LCC in my collection, But the "Gator" Model feels better in my hand..Thus, the custom fit!!
J-man
Supreme ruler of Bali-island!

Post by J-man »

*cough*CLONE*cough*
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

The work looks good but why put all that into a $5 clone? Now if he did a real LCC it would be worth considerable more then the original $200 odd the MT costs. Sort of like taking a Yugo and adding $10,000 worth of customizing to it. I don't doubt Bladerunner28 that the knife is well done but I also think someone who is going to get into serious work on regular factory knives like Frank Rupperco (I never spell his name correct) would start on the clones for practice. But the real money is in working over the real deal.
PB
bladerunner28

Post by bladerunner28 »

PB,
He's getting into making his own line of custom knives, from the Blade on up. I'm not saying that the LCC clone is terrific, just the work that was put into it..Check out his website and look at what he's done so far..He really puts his heart into it..Which to me is worth the money..To some people it may be "just a clone", to others it is a very nicely improved on knife.. I guess its just personal taste.He's not asking a ton of money for it..For the hours put into it, it's well worth it. IMO :D
Pushbutton
King of Switchbladeland

Post by Pushbutton »

Bladerunner28
I hear yea and will check out his website.
PB
PDQ'IN

GRAMPA"S KNIVES

Post by PDQ'IN »

I TOO HAVE A COUPLE OF GRAMPA SNIDER'S KNIVES, A FOLDER "ORIGINALLY A CLONE" AND A LARGE BOWIE. I 'LL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT , HE'S JUST STARTING OUT & CAN'NT USE THE ORIGINAL'S TO CREATE HIS CUSTOM KNIVES. BUT LIKE BLADERUNNER28 I WILL BE WATCHING HIM CLOSELY, AS I BELIEVE HIS WORK WILL ONLY GET BETTER & MORE EXPENSIVE. I'M GLAD I HAVE MY 2 & MY BUDDIES ARE JOINING SUIT & WANT SOME. THE MAN HAS A HEART AS BIG AS THE WHOLE OUTDOORS, HE'S OLD SCHOOL !! DOSE IT THE OLD FASHIONED WAY ! HE EARNS IT !! IN HIS TIME & EFFORT. IT'S REFRESHING TO ME.
"STAY SHARP & RUST FREE MY FRIENDS"
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. PDQ'IN,

Will ya QUIT with the SHOUTIN'

We ain't all DEAF y'know.... :wink:

Best wishes
Teddy
mypetelvis

Post by mypetelvis »

Why can't he do it to a real LCC? Same amount of work, just got to be more careful.

As far as custom clones are concerned: A polished turd, is still a turd.

M.P.E.
Gort

Post by Gort »

You've obviously seen one of Wally's Creations
mypetelvis wrote:

M.P.E.
-Gort
stepdaddy

Post by stepdaddy »

Gort wrote:You've obviously seen one of Wally's Creations
mypetelvis wrote:

M.P.E.

Mr Gort:
Did wally ever buff that crap knife to a high gloss finish.

SD
poorbs

Post by poorbs »

I was Grampa's first customer - bought a custom #10. I have to say that he did a real good job on it - my first "custom" knife. I think for the money, it's a pretty good deal. I just wish he'd start working on stilettos.
bladerunner28

Post by bladerunner28 »

poorbs wrote:I was Grampa's first customer - bought a custom #10. I have to say that he did a real good job on it - my first "custom" knife. I think for the money, it's a pretty good deal. I just wish he'd start working on stilettos.
poor BS..I believe he is going to start in the near future..Could you imagine what he could do with some Black Walnut?