Old SKM Web forums

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Dick

Old SKM Web forums

Post by Dick »

Hi there,
Good to be the newest member here, but really I've been around SKM web forums way back in 1997. Lots of new faces here, but I do see a couple of old ones as well like Autoknife, and Bill DeS.
Dick.
arthas
Cutlery Town Warrior

Post by arthas »

Dick, welcome back!!!

As you noticed, some changes have been made to the web forum, now it's a bit easier to use and more full-featured. ;) Let me know what you think of it.

Many of the members have changed since 1997, and the site is attracting more and more people... I hope for this trend to keep on, there's some nice discussion in here, and lots of ideas.

Glad to have you back, I hope you can contribute as you did in the "old times". ;-)

m.
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Hi, Dick. I remember you.
Old Bill DeShivs
Dick

Gravity Knives, Pending German Knife Laws, Bokers

Post by Dick »

Thanks for the couple of responses.

Anyone have any info on the proposed new German knife laws that will out-law gravity knives and modify existing switchblade laws in Germany - I have seen a bit about it on the Knifeshop news forums but would like further info.

Wouldn't mind a discussion on what people think of the following gravity knives - ie which ones they prefer and the high cost some of them are getting on the likes of Ebay etc (well at least before they seem to get pulled off by the Ebay nasty police)

Some examples to consider could be
1. Bonsa (originals) compared to the newer "Bonsa" look- a- likes"
2. The German Paratrooper gravity (wood handle jobs some with the "take apart" button, others that couldn't be taken down for cleaning) compared to the green plastic handle (take down) repos, and the cheap little "silk rippers (commonly advertised for sale on that other well known blade auction site!). Anyone ever seen the English made Ibberson gravity knife in the flesh (so to speak!)?

Alas - some of the nice old Boker switchblades are no more -
the 712's and the 715's (not that I can tell the difference between the two models except for the scales on them. I have 4 of them - two with stag, one with wood (beautiful), and the other with black acrylic (jigged plastic). All great knives and extremely well made.
Anyone got some of these knives and care to comment on them.

I also have a few of the Boker Top locks - one done with pearl inserts and with a file worked blade. Nice piece but I still like the older Boker stuff.

Regards, Dick.
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Hi Glen,
I sent you a personal message. Nice to see you posting again. Shoot me an email when you get a chance so I can update my address book. Ken
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Ken,

Nice selection for the picture in your profile.

Jim
autoknife

Post by autoknife »

Thanks! It's about the most desirable knife I own. Ken
No, I'm not happy to see you, that's my 12cm "Red Rose" in my pocket!