Finding knives in England

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Luke_of_Mass

Re: Finding knives in England

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Bill DeShivs wrote:I hear they have bins full of knives in London!
If they even make it that far...! Just past the French security/passport check at Gare du Nord, England has their own security check just before you board the Paris-->London train while still in Paris, probably 200 miles away from the shores of Britain. So basically if you're going by plane or train, you'll be doing two security checks, each more invasive than the last. I saw lots of confiscated items, including a few old-fasioned pen knives with the jigged handles probably taken from old-timers who didn't think rail travel security was as tight as flying. But mostly it was totally random stuff including compressed compounds like hairsprays and shaving creams... for whatever reason they didn't take my barbisol. So anyway, while I didn't see a ton of confiscated knives, it left me with the belief that it's virtually impossible to bring knives to the UK on your person (or in a suitcase, even if it is checked baggage) and that your only hope is to ... get them another way.

Was a pretty interesting experience, going through security, walking up to a desk, a Parisian stamps your passport saying you "left Paris", walk another 10 feet, have a Brit stamp your passport, welcome you to bloody ol' England, and then send you through another security check, all while you're still in Paris for cryin' out loud.

Knives in France are kinda rare too nowadays, I guess in more recent years they've adopted more strict rules regarding their carriage in public. I saw none while I was there but I do plan to hit up the Opinel factory/museum one day.
Attachments
20190415_094430.jpg
20190415_094430.jpg (428.16 KiB) Viewed 2910 times
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

Ha ha great write up again I do enjoy your posts, Luke_of_mass I remember going on French day trips and you could buy Italian switches but my dad only let me buy the key ring version, my big brother had a nice one that thinking back got me started and interested in these old knives, even Spain was great for quality knives but even that has gone in the last ten years.

Such a shame a few ruin it for the majority but it don’t dampen my interest just makes me more interested in finding these old knives,

Cheers Luke
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Seems like it's always the few that ruin it for everyone else.
2024 candidate for president
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Its definitely getting much harder to collect in the UK

I feel I am now being hounded by the police since my last stoppage.

Look at this for a letter and threat I received a few days ago.Never seen one of this type before and I havnt even bought a switchblade since their last visit ,or never been stopped for carrying a knife.

I wanted to get a few knives in this summer but Its just too risky and too many depend on me as a carer in my present circumstances to take the risk.

Worse is I drove home late the other night with a block full of deadly kitchen knives as I have just finished my new kitchen ...these are the weapon of choice of the wannabe Gangsta children in London that fills the police knife bins here in Britain ,along with fantasy daggers,stanley knives ,swiss armies ,opinel etc ...cheap and cheerful and easily available .

I have given up trying to beat them now and my knife collecting is shelved and on hold for now......really gutted.
Last edited by gravknife on Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Woolly Caterpillar

Post by Woolly Caterpillar »

Wow. Straight out of Orwell.
sammy the blade

If I were you I'd give it up for awhile. Nothing is worth going to jail over.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

sh*t Ian thats some major suckage, have you concidered moving to the U.S.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

If I were you I'd hide your shit at a friends house until this crap blows over.

...or you could "turn over" some cheap victorinox generics to maybe make think you have come clean and they'll shift their focus to someone else :roll: :lol:
Last edited by Luke_of_Mass on Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Already have with most of them Luke...I have quite a few to still move but if you get caught transporting them its prison aswell.
These automatic knives are not illegal to own over here ...just to import ,or carry ....but now I am worried about my other knife collections aswell.I dont even know if they have the rights to look in or through my house without warrants as they havn't even charged me with a crime at all ...it was a year ago today I got a seizure letter and they already said no action was going to be taken .

I think my collecting days are over Luke my mate.

TRYKER
Are you accepting lodgers with interests in knives bushcraft and weaponary of any kind over in your neck of the woods? :D
My freind if I won the lottery I would be an American with a shed full of switchblades already as my country is no longer a country I am proud of ... Sadly.

Hope your well my freind .

Sammy mate. I agree about the jail thing ... my 11 year old daughter has autism and wouldnt cope , and they already scared her to death last time round .

Hope your all okay anyway.,I'll still drop by now and again .

Ian
sammy the blade

Nothing is worth loosening your freedom over! I know that a person can never have enough knives. Everytime I buy another one I think why did I buy another knife I will probably never carry and use. It just gets in our blood!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

TRYKER
Are you accepting lodgers with interests in knives bushcraft and weaponary of any kind over in your neck of the woods? :D
My freind if I won the lottery I would be an American with a shed full of switchblades already as my country is no longer a country I am proud of ... Sadly.

Hope your well my freind .

ahhhhhhh, yes i do, i have a small 1 bedroom cotage here on the lake thats empty. walking distance to bushcrafting, deer hunting, and fishing !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Bangie

Post by Bangie »

gravknife wrote:Its definitely getting much harder to collect in the UK

I feel I am now being hounded by the police since my last stoppage.

Look at this for a letter and threat I received a few days ago.Never seen one of this type before and I havnt even bought a switchblade since their last visit ,or never been stopped for carrying a knife.

I wanted to get a few knives in this summer but Its just too risky and too many depend on me as a carer in my present circumstances to take the risk.

Worse is I drove home late the other night with a block full of deadly kitchen knives as I have just finished my new kitchen ...these are the weapon of choice of the wannabe Gangsta children in London that fills the police knife bins here in Britain ,along with fantasy daggers,stanley knives ,swiss armies ,opinel etc ...cheap and cheerful and easily available .

I have given up trying to beat them now and my knife collecting is shelved and on hold for now......really gutted.
Wow! This is one of the reasons I don't ship Internationally. These gloats could possibly get a double whammy....get the sender and receiver. :(
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

Sammy the blade

Any idea of the old English members names ?

And thanks
sammy the blade

Spotlightkid and Teddy
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

Thank you sammy the blade