Sooo, do I...?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

Sooo, do I...?

Post by kugr »

Sooo, do I try and pick up another EIG I found OR wait a couple months for when Walt gets in some picklocks? ( picked up that info in a email conversation with Sara B.)
Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
Corvus

Re: Sooo, do I...?

Post by Corvus »

The obvious answer is...get both :!:. Duh. But if forced to choose twixt a new reproduction and a stiletto from the Golden Age, I'l go with the later, assuming it's in indecent condition. There will always be another new knife available, but a nice vintage piece is a very finite thing, and ever more so with the passage of time.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Get the thing that is available now. "In a couple months" means "maybe never" in that context.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'm surprised Sara Beltrame said that. I chatted with Walt Halucha about his picklocks not that long ago and even he didn't mention any new ones coming. Hmmm, interesting. But, I'd wait for the Walt's since it's me your bidding against on the EIG lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
kugr

Post by kugr »

Well crap...hahaha, now I know I won't win it!!!!
"NO SORRY i NOT HAVE CONNECTION WITH Armando.

Well we are planning some limited edition picklock for Latama but only dagger or half grind not kris. Maybe for june or july, if you are interest you must contact him directly:

http://www.latama.com

Thank you

SARA BELTRAME"

Guess I'll look for another classic. Thanks for the input.

Edit- if you are curious about the connection with armando thing, I was trying to find a new 1 piece spring to fix that 11 or 13" stag handle I picked up... no such luck. Trying to find a new spring in the "raw" is proving difficult.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

lol...That's funny since it's been said that Armando shares the same building with Frank, but haven't been on speaking terms for quite some time. That's GOT to make for a tough day at work! lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
kugr

Post by kugr »

JulesVane wrote:lol...That's funny since it's been said that Armando shares the same building with Frank

That is the reason I emailed Frank, well the email address from their website... figured someone could yell across the hall....