Possible Black Beauty?

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
kugr

Possible Black Beauty?

Post by kugr »

Looking for those un-repairable, lost cause stilettos.
JulesVane

Re: Possible Black Beauty?

Post by JulesVane »

One thing I've been learning about stamps Clark...it needs one to be one. Just my thoughts.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
kugr

Post by kugr »

I do understand that. I saw it, looked about right, got excited... haha. I asked because I know that not all the beauty's were marked. Figured I would get some thoughts on it. This is just a small part of my learning process.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Me too my friend. Learning all the time, and often the hard way lol. I hadn't realized that there were Black Beauty's that weren't stamped as such. That DOES make ID'ing them super tough then.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
kugr

Post by kugr »

There are actually a few different threads on them here... and some gorgeous pictures. Oh I know the hard way of learning also... haha. Thinking I was getting an awesome deal... hahaha
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

from what I've learned very very few Black Beauties were stamped... I have what I think is a unmarked BB. I'll never be able to prove it though so it's just another picklock :cry:
kugr

Post by kugr »

I need to sell more crap... see if I can pick that up... haha who wants cheapo fixed blades!!!!! Hahaha
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

It's all about the stamp because very few of the knives shipped were marked Black Beauty. The Ebay knife may have been one sold from the magazine ads but without the stamp it's just an ordinary picklock imo.

I honestly wouldn't pay what the bid is now for that knife. The blade looks down and maybe buffed to me.
kugr

Post by kugr »

It's still a nice knife.... I kind of feel my "likes" are leaning towards old picklocks.

That brings up something we truly need, whippersnapper. A guide of values. Just a rough real value. But I do know it's all about how much you're willing to pay... As we all know the 'bay has horribly inflated prices. I myself have overpayed for most of mine.
Like, how much is a stamped mauro mario worth... haha

I probably should have made the title possible unmarked BB...
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

My opinion....no...i don't like the blade the shape the handle i understand that it is intrigue but no i am not even sure that the spring will be working or it will pop out...
Maybe im wrong and i hope so but i will no buy from so far away and from hust a person.....maybe maybe maybe......
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

It looks kinda like a Mauro Mario that I've got, only darker horn...

Same exact build as far as I can see but surely if there is much of a difference someone on here should be able to point it out - also identical stamp - my apologies for my sub-par camera / camera skills as it's a little tough to see but it's there...

Also looks like a listing that won't be there very long...

Luke
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
niceguy2

Post by niceguy2 »

Here`s the real stamp to compare guys 8)
Attachments
BB3.JPG
BB3.JPG (112.63 KiB) Viewed 2877 times
Last edited by niceguy2 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

No doubt about it but I don't think you'll find one at that price!
2024 candidate for president
kugr

Post by kugr »

The reason I thought it was, is because of the stamp. According to one of the ads (referenced Switchblades of Italy), it would have had the Made In Italy stamp. It just seemed to fit.