The blade don't close all the way in i think

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
StilettoGR

The blade don't close all the way in i think

Post by StilettoGR »

Hello guys i am new to this forum i have recently received this amazing 9" Frank b but i think that yhe the blade don't close very well and firmly into the handle...any ideas or modifications to do on spring or something else to get the point of the blade go more deeply into the scales???
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: The blade don't close all the way in i think

Post by natcherly »

The blade point should not peak above the blade well in the handle. The point could catch on clothing, etc. Can you post pictures?
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

Yes i know its no so up to catch in clothes but its not to down also its something like in tje middle i would like to send pictures but tell me file to big is there any program i can modify my picture size?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

StilettoGR wrote:Yes i know its no so up to catch in clothes but its not to down also its something like in tje middle i would like to send pictures but tell me file to big is there any program i can modify my picture size?
You can send the pics to me at julesvane666@gmail.com and I'll post them here. God knows it's easier than explaining lol. I use IMGUR.COM

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

As long as the tip is below the liners, the knife is fine.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

Dear jules i send you pics thank you very much..
Mr.bill its inside the liners but its no all the way down if you put you nail you can tuch the tip....i hope this helps because i have many and its my first time i see this....its ok but i think it would be better.....
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Regardless, there is probably nothing you can do to lower it-unless the rivets are loose.
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

On behalf of StilettoGR...

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The blade can be lowered in the well, but it will cost money. I don't think it's worth doing it-at least until the tip is peeking higher.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Lol, it looks like you're trying to show us how nice your knife is.
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

Thanks all of you guys for your time and effort to help me but tell me dear bill how is this possible even if it cost money and ofcourse how many for example???
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

JimBrown257 wrote:Lol, it looks like you're trying to show us how nice your knife is.
Hahhaah nooo ofcourse no...i am just curious about this that i ask...but it really nice truth as all frank b masterpieces :)
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you are not in the US...right? That will make it difficult to find someone who will work on it. You might be able to get it to go in another mm or two if you hammer the left side of the hole on the blade. Other wise the only practical thing would be to sell that one and get a different one that sits deeper.
dark2023

Post by dark2023 »

That's called blade peek iirc
It's not uncommon but it doesn't seriously effect the knife. In my experience it's almost always present on large stilettos. I don't think I've ever seen a 13" knife that didn't peek a bit.
It used to worry me because I thought it would get worse, and maybe over time it eventually will.

But, I have a 9" and a 13" stiletto that both have some peek and neither of them have ever gotten worse, even after many years and many thousand openings.
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
StilettoGR

Post by StilettoGR »

Guys thank you all and yes unfortunately i live in Greece so i cannot send it outside of Europe and send it back to me.
Maybe i will try this with hamer and will see...i mean ive seen worse but only in large stiletto as you know no on a 9" i am sure that will not get worse...time will tell because i use it every day to play with :)