MY LEVERLETTO

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

MY LEVERLETTO

Post by tr4252 »

As soon as I get home from work, I generally empty my pockets onto my desk, in preparation for a bath, clean clothes, and a Guinness. I carry both a Leverletto and a Swiss Army Classic. After I dumped wallet, flashlight, stopwatch, pens, pocket comb, keys etc., I picked the Leverletto up and asked myself, "How long have I been carrying this thing, anyway? Seems the answer was "A long time".

I've grown really attached to this knife, to the point where it's part of my daily routine, mindlessly executed every 24 hours.

It has cocobolo scales, and when I ordered it from Stu (Remember him?) I asked specifically for a knife with a good mechanical fit and snap regardless of its looks. He didn't disappoint me (he never did). The blade's etched "Leverletto by Bill DeShivs. I don't know what "run" that makes it, I just like it.

I use it all the time, ranging from slitting open my pay check envelope to one-handed acrobatics up in the roof joists doing electrical work. To questions of "Oh, is that a switchblade?" I answer, "No, it's a quality switchblade".

I've got a few other Leverlettos, and related lever locks, but this one is really indispensable to me.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: MY LEVERLETTO

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thanks, Tom.
That's exactly what I designed it for!
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
tr4252

Post by tr4252 »

Thanks to you, Bill, for making it happen.

Tom
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Cool story ... (And boy do you carry a lot of stuff in your pockets)
Tkreil66

Post by Tkreil66 »

How do you walk carrying all that? I am assuming slowly :lol:
But I do understand, My wife doesn’t understood why I can’t leave the house without my pocket knife
tr4252

Post by tr4252 »

Actually, the stuff I carry was pretty much selected for compactness and ease of carrying/use in a high-energy environment. The Swiss Army knife has dozens of uses and is as good for my purposes as a bulkier multitool. The flashlight is one of those expensive little high power jobs and little bigger than a pen. Small digital stop watch doubles as a timepiece w/alarm, etc. etc. My keyring has 3 keys on it. I don't carry my fat electronic car key or phone while I'm working. Over the years I'd whittled down this kit to minimal. The Leverletto is the largest item, except for my (slim) wallet, but it's so useful to me I gladly give up the cargo space. I'd considered carrying my plain jane Godson, but without some sort of safety, it would have been designated a safety hazard, then they'd have made me paint it yellow with black stripes and put a barricade around it.

Now, I'm so used to carrying these items every day, I don't notice it, until I need to strip a wire, blind someone, or pick my teeth. Then I feel like a clever fellow for having so many options at hand, 10' off the floor.

Tom

p.s. Anybody else here like their Leverlettos for everyday use?