First picklock & I am disappointed

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Scotchman

Re: First picklock & I am disappointed

Post by Scotchman »

I will keep this knife. Can anyone tell me the maker, is it Mauro Mario by any chance? Thanks. Scott
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Can the blade be fixed so it looks better/more even and would someone be willing to do the work?
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The blade has already been reground.
Don't waste any more money on it.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Thanks Bill
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

If this knife is still bugging you, you should just list it on Ebay. If you haven't drawn attention to yourself before, you can probably sneak a 3-day auction past the Ebay pigs. Just don't mention anything about it being an automatic.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

I will keep it as it is part of my collection. Thanks though Jeremy.
Lucentcrow

Post by Lucentcrow »

I know how you feel the smallest of faults bugs me really bad, there’s lots of folks that will sell you a good knife for that sort of money, I’ve made a good friend on here that always steers me in the right direction.

Maybe next time send the pictures of the knife to a few experts on here they’d be happy to help and tell you leave it alone or buy it, I am impatient but it’s worth waiting for.

Also I study loads of photos on the net and you soon see what the pros are tali King about.

Joe
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

My fault, I should have looked at the pics closer. Live and learn.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Scotchman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:18 pm I didn't know the blade was going to look like that.
Mr. Scotchman,

Now, I'm sure you have developed a keen eye for the sharpened blade. Thats the big problem for vintage Italian switches is they really were never meant to be sharpened back then, as they were designed for stabbing, not cutting. I have a M. Italy 11" kris picklock in my collection that is in very good condition. I use it as a standard to what I'm looking for when looking for in vintage knives( this knife is kinda dirty right now). I saw this picklock at a knife show in Salem Oregon, and some time later called the dealer to see if he still had it. What impressed me the most, is this thing is heavy and fires like a rocket. I have over $500 in this one. Beware of the internet on high end knives, unless you know your sources.
M. Italy.jpg
M. Italy.jpg (255.02 KiB) Viewed 2240 times
Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson