Hey guys

This is a forum for discussion on automatic an switchblade knives.

Moderator: The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BTB0923

Hey guys

Post by BTB0923 »

Just tryin to pop back in here after a few year of inactivity. I hope everybody is doing well. How's everybody doin? haha I wish I'd kept up with the switchblades in movies thread... every time I see one in a film I have that instinct to make a mental note. there's just so many! and youtube has become extremely sensitive about copyright infringement. Never was trying to make money but they're so strict I'm afraid they'll delete the videos even though I don't monetize them anyways.

Just browsing a bit I've seen some crazy for sale threads with some knives I've considered grails. thats so great. I don't think the hellraiser knife is as elusive as everybody thinks but it sure seems to be hard to find. I feel lucky to have found one locally I'll say that much. Mine for sure as hell is not for sale. sorry for anybody interested

I'd like to give a shoutout to Bill Deshivs. He has done some work on a few of my knives and it was superb. I even had a situation where the metal used of the rivets didn't match (not his fault) and he had me send the knife back with no charge and replaced them no charge. I've never met him in person so don't think I'm some kissass... it was quality customer service. haven't talked in a while but thanks bill

time allowing I will check back on here and see whats going on. would like to hear from JimBrown, whats up man? haha
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
whippersnapper

Re: Hey guys

Post by whippersnapper »

Welcome back!
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Well back! Bill is the man!
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Welcome back BTB0923

I have read and enjoyed a lot of your older posts and its great to meet you.

gravknife
john

Post by john »

Welcome back BTB!!!
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Thanks! Good to have you back.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Welcome back! Nice to see some of the old-timers returning.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

Hello, I have always wanted to thank you for starting that movie post… It’s what got me started here and has kept me entertained for hours. I’m glad to see it back up again
rock-n-roll$$$$$$

Post by rock-n-roll$$$$$$ »

glad to have you back also.
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

Welcome back!

Jim
Panzerfaust

Post by Panzerfaust »

Welcome back and I still watch your videos from time to time.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

So happy to see the familiar names responding! Great to see you guys are still so actively on here. This will be a bit boring for outside readers but I'm going to respond individually haha

Thanks Whippersnapper! Good to be back.

Hey there Tom! I agree. Saw some negativity in another thread that I felt partially responsible for and was hoping to try and negate it.

Nice to meet you too gravknife. Thanks for reading my old posts, I was and still am no expert haha. Just a guy with an obsession with vintage switchblades trying to glean knowledge from the real ones.

Thanks John! I'm sure you're still the nicest guy in the hobby. So glad to see you're still here! I know you've got some grails stashed away I'm envious

Bill, I saw you were getting some sh*t because you changed your opinion on the origin of the original Rizzuto knives. I feel partially responsible because I used to blatantly throw your name around in claims that the older versions were Italian. You have every right to change your opinion and that should not impact your credibility in any way. Frankly, I don't think it matters where the old lockbacks came from anyways. For the originals they used quality materials like nickel silver and real horn and they are surprisingly well built for Asian knives. A well built cool looking knife is just that no matter the origin. Would it be cool if they were from Italy? Sure. But it no longer matters to me. They are what they are. Anyways, its nice to talk with you again and I hope you're doing well.

Hey natcherly! I don't know if I qualify as a real old timer haha, but thanks. Glad to be back! Is JerrBerrr still on here? PM me please

Portlandmike, thanks but I didn't bring back up the movies thread I think somebody else bumped it. I'd love to keep going with that thing but there have been so many years of movies I don't think I could do it without an entire team of people working 8 hours a day hahaha. I was really sad when youtube took down my most popular video, the original Cartoon Switchblades vid. It had over 100,000 views but it got striked by Fox I think because of the Simpsons clips I still have a copy of it maybe I'll try uploading it again. I wasn't even trying to make money, just put it up for fun. Corporations suck

Hey rocknroll$$$$$$$$$ thanks glad to be back

Jimd hey there! My fellow NC member. I'm in Morrisville now. Hope you're doing well

Panzer whats up!?! How you doing. I've still got that 13 incher I got from you. Good to hear from you bud.

Ok, so if anybody read all the way through I'm actually hoping for some help. I'm on the hunt for a very basic inexpensive black Italian style stiletto with a flat grind blade, just for opening mail and stuff. I know that sounds crazy but I'm down to only 1 of those and I need another to put away so I can beat one of them up without worrying about it haha. I'm talking the cheapo asian made ones are fine for my purposes. I tried buying one online and I can't find one!!! Its crazy!!! Tried bladeplay which used to be my go to for such things, turns out its Grindworx now, but everything is sold out.
Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but I can't find an inexpensive stiletto in the classic style in black. Anybody know where I should be looking? Thanks
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

sorry guys need to empty my pm folder apparently. on it